OBS works just fine, but always crashes when I close it.

susiegrace

I've downgraded from OBS 28 to 27, checked all my plugins and logs, and I still can't figure out why OBS crashes every time I close it. Sometimes my CPU usage is through the roof when I stream, and sometimes it isn't. I'm hoping these two things are linked, somehow.
I'm running OBS on a gaming laptop, so it isn't the best setup. But I haven't had any issues until just a few months ago, and I cannot figure out where the problem is!

I hope I uploaded the crash log correctly...

latest crash report: https://obsproject.com/logs/qURjta_wMZDlDjja

Attachments

• Crash 2022-11-06 21-00-56.txt
    84.1 KB · Views: 25

sandrix

In general, the error leads to obs-text.dll

Last edited:

jeffsfolio

I am having the same exact issue. Attached is my log file. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• OBS Crash on Close Log _ 04.11.2023.txt
    132.4 KB · Views: 14

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
Crashing on close is usually from 3rd party plugins not cleaning up properly. Remove / update any 3rd party plugins to find the problem.

runawaytech

I'm also reccomending to try to disable all plugins that you have and see If the problem still remains. Just a silly question, but did you tried to run as administrator? If after closing there's no crash, then it was not properly installed.

Swamp_Spirit

I'm also reccomending to try to disable all plugins that you have and see If the problem still remains. Just a silly question, but did you tried to run as administrator? If after closing there's no crash, then it was not properly installed.
I know this is an old post, but what if it still crashes even with Admin?