OBS won't open Sony A6000?

voopydoop

I just purchased a Sony a6000 camera to use as a webcam and I cannot get it to show up on OBS. The CamLink source shows up, and I can choose all my settings, but the preview will not appear. Very confused with this because it works in other apps (i.e. discord, camera). I found an old thread with solutions basically telling others to check their antivirus software, but mine doesn't block it at all. I closed every app, restarted my pc, plugged it all out and back in, but nothing is working. Very annoying problem that I would love to fix.

Log file here: https://obsproject.com/logs/XeIbaF9Swlm49R53

Attachments

• Screenshot_24.png
    Screenshot_24.png
    13.5 KB · Views: 211

voopydoop

You can't capture the same capture device in multiple different named souces.
Thank you smart internet man, I did not catch that. It's having an fps issue now but that's on every computer program so I will find solutions for that elsewhere.

Jaybow

so i have just purchased the a6000 and the cam link 4k
i was having the same issues pretty much
live view would show up on all platfroms {windows camera, elgato capture hub and even streamlabs}
but not on obs it would show up at first but then freeze instantly and then after a while would just go blank
i tried all different camera settings, tried a BETA obs, different USB 3 ports etc.. nothing seemed to be working
until i thought i wonder if it work if i plugged the camlink 4k into a usb2 port
hoooorrraaayyyy
now although when i opened elgato camera hub it instantly recognised that i had plugged the cam link into a usb 2 port
but upon openening OBS and setting up a new video capture, camlink4k was still showing up and to my avail it is now displaying my live view from the camera and continues to do so whilst i am typing this thread
all i need to do now is try and up the camera settings back to a good quality picture and i should be set
i hope this helps someone else as i due to send it all back

setup is MSI MAG TOMOHAWK X570 WIFI MOBO
AMD RYZEN 5800X CPU
RTX 3060TI
32GB 3600MHZ RAM
WINDOWS 10
SONY A600 + ELGATO CAM LINK 4K