Question / Help OBS with Focusrite 6i6s

RaffaeleNicoli

Hi guys,
I have a problem using OBS with Focusrite 6i6s: if I plug an audio resource to the input 3 of the audio device OBS receives the signal and it goes to stream. I'd like to use input 1 and 2 for the stream without the signal that goes trough input 3 (I need it for some other things...). Can anybody help me to fix this problem?

I'm using:
MacBook Pro 2,9 i7
OBS 22.0.3
Focusrite 6i6s

Narcogen

OBS cannot do this itself.

You could do this with a commercial package like LoopBack, where you can create a virtual audio device and manually route only channels 1 and 2 from the Focusrite, and use that virtual device as an input for OBS.

RaffaeleNicoli

OBS cannot do this itself.

You could do this with a commercial package like LoopBack, where you can create a virtual audio device and manually route only channels 1 and 2 from the Focusrite, and use that virtual device as an input for OBS.

Hi Narcogen,
I think it could be possible in some other way because using OBS with Steinberg 824 there are no problems of routing. I plug everything I want in all the channels from 3to8 and OBS streams only the 1 and 2. I cannot understand the reason why with Focusrite 6i6 this is not possible.

My best regards,
Raffaele

Narcogen

OBS is primarily a stereo audio application with added support for surround sound. It doesn't understand multichannel audio devices that aren't surround sound, and when connecting to one, it does not offer any way for the user to select which channels it uses.

Due to whatever differences in how vendors code their drivers, OBS is getting channels 1 and 2 on the Steinberg and ignoring all the others, while on the Focusrite you are getting other channels.

The only way to select which channels OBS receives is to use software that allows you to manually map channels. The one I use is LoopBack. It has a free trial, you may want to look at it and see if it does what you want, or else ask Focusrite support what they suggest.