Question / Help OBS Windows 10 Issues?

lyman

Hi,

I'm very new to obs and streaming. I tried to stream csgo on twitch but my csgo was too laggy but obs was running fine.When I stream on windowed fullscreen it was ok but when i play on fullscreen thats when I drop frames. I mean a lot of frames. It's pretty much unplayable. I followed some videos on how to setup obs and also my friend helped. I asked a streamer how he was able to stream csgo on fullscreen without lagging so much. He said in Settings>Videos> Check Disable Aero. Now my friend was having the same issue but he just streamed in windowed fullscreen and I told him what the streamer told me and he was able to check this option and it indeed helped him. But it is grayed out for me. The only reason this might be is because I'm running windows 10 and he is running windows 7. Is this true? Are Windows 10 users really unable to stream? I doubt this but I would like a confirmation.

Thank you.

PC Specs
i7 6700k
Asus Deluxe Z170
G1 980 ti SLI
16 gb ram
Windows 10

BosnianArmy

Windows 10 doesn't have Aero if I'm correct, only Windows vista and 7 has this but maybe I'm wrong. Anyways post your specifications from your computer or laptop?

Harold

You're not correct. Windows 8 and up solved all the problems with aero from 7 and vista.

lyman

Can someone please confirm that it's grayed out because I have windows 10. If so I'll just pick up a copy of Windows 7.

Harold

FIXATING ON THE AERO SETTINGS WILL NOT SOLVE YOUR ISSUE.

Any problem that could be solved by disabling aero in 7 would not actually occur in windows 10 even with aero enabled.

Your issue is elsewhere.

Are Windows 10 users really unable to stream?
Windows 10 users are able to stream perfectly fine.

Harold

Reduced framerate ingame isn't the same as dropped frames.
Dropped frames is to do with network conditions.

CSGO likes running wild and eating your entire cpu's available power if you let it. Capping your FPS to a SANE level (ideally the refresh rate of your display or a little higher) helps a lot.

SLI'd cards can cause the problem as can having the OBS window on a separate display from the game (nvidia cards tend to not handle this well)

Other things that could cause the problem:
Conflicts with Game Capture: Other capture programs, Razer Synapse (disable heatmaps), graphics mods like ENBSeries and SweetFX, and any type of software or utility that displays an in-game overlay like EVGA Precision, MSI Afterburner, TS3/Mumble overlays, Dolby Axon, Raptr, Overwolf, etc. If you use D3DGear it must be uninstalled completely.

lyman

Lowered csgo settings and disabled sli.
Still same issue.
Game is super laggy/unplayable.
SOMEONE HELP PLEASE!