OBS Will Randomly Increase Bitrate To A Number My Internet Can't Handle

Denchy

When streaming (normally at 3250kbps) OBS will randomly increase the bitrate to 6-7k+ which my internet simply can not handle and causes insane internet lag in games and buffering for stream. The only way I can seem to fix this when it happens is to close my OBS and start stream again.

Below is both the log and the crash log when I am forced to close OBS.

Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

• Crash 2021-08-05 00-47-15.txt
    70.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 2021-08-04 19-41-46.txt
    14.3 KB · Views: 17

qhobbes

1. Install newest version from https://obsproject.com/download
Not related but recommended:
2. The new Windows 10 Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling ("HAGS") added with version 2004 is currently known to cause performance and capture issues with OBS, games and overlay tools. It's a new and experimental feature and we recommend disabling it via these instructions.
3. Enable "Game Mode" for maximum gaming performance. Game Mode can be enabled via the Windows 10 "Settings" app, under Gaming > Game Mode.
4. Run updated OBS as Admin. Right-click on the short-cut, properties, advanced, check box, ok, apply, ok.
5. Display and Game Capture Sources interfere with each other. Never put them in the same scene (Game).

Denchy

1. Install newest version from https://obsproject.com/download
Not related but recommended:
2. The new Windows 10 Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling ("HAGS") added with version 2004 is currently known to cause performance and capture issues with OBS, games and overlay tools. It's a new and experimental feature and we recommend disabling it via these instructions.
3. Enable "Game Mode" for maximum gaming performance. Game Mode can be enabled via the Windows 10 "Settings" app, under Gaming > Game Mode.
4. Run updated OBS as Admin. Right-click on the short-cut, properties, advanced, check box, ok, apply, ok.
5. Display and Game Capture Sources interfere with each other. Never put them in the same scene (Game).

Thanks for your response, I'm going to try the things you've listed :) Will update once I've used them for a lil.