OBS VLC M3U8 STOP, FREEZE. HELP PLEASE!

cabbar

I broadcast live 24/7 with m3u8 links via obs vlc program. But sometimes broadcasts stop or freeze. When this happens, the stream remains frozen. Is there a plugin or script here that will automatically restart obs vlc video source? It will always restart every time it stops and my 24/7 broadcast will never stop in this way. please help me.

1663356891583.png

roleli

I have not tested this but you could use the Advance scene switcher plugin
IF media stops switch to holding page(Montage or image) for 10 secs then switch back to the m3u8
You might have to use no audio volume for x seconds as a trigger
If the stream is back it should play if not it switch back to the holding scene for 10 secs again

cabbar

I don't need to put an image in between, it should just say restart when it stops, it should automatically start in vlc source. how do i do this with the script you posted @roleli

roleli

@cabbar

Have you installed the plugin?

Once you have done so, see below, import those settings set up as a sample.

There will be a macro that will test if there audio on the VLC ( to see if it is active) if there is none over a period of x seconds, It switches to a another scene that can be clip, image, another stream. After x seconds it will switch back to the VLC source and try again.

I see nothing that will just restart the stream automatically in OBS. This is just a hack

Attachments

• adv-ss-sample.txt
    3.1 KB · Views: 73