Resource icon

OBS Video Scheduler

pashkal

pashkal submitted a new resource:

OBS Video Scheduler - Web application enabling scheduling video playbacks during the broadcast

Tomcat web application that enables scheduling of pre-recorded videos playbacks during OBS broadcast and creating a video plan ahead of the broadcast. Scheduled videos will automatically start in the correct layer.

Currently two interfaces are supported:

• web interface for schedule management and settings
  • web interface with upcoming video announcements that can be used by commentators or broadcast director

Read more about this resource...

Surge42

Not yet. I have two videos in que then I'm working on yours. I'm getting burned out as of late. YouTube is grind like no other. I need sleep in a big way.

bcoyle

Not yet. I have two videos in que then I'm working on yours. I'm getting burned out as of late. YouTube is grind like no other. I need sleep in a big way.
Hi Surge42. I'm not the author, just another member wanting to know if you viewed this app and what you found. Also where do I search on youtube for you

tedbragg

Could someone PLEASE make an instruction video how to get this installed? I've spent 3 days with seven attempts to get it working -- and I'm a mess. Please -- I need this BADLY and I've had to factory restore my only PC twice.

pashkal

Hi @tedbragg , I know the installation is currently a big pain point. I’m thinking about ways to make it easier, but so far I don’t have anything comprehensive unfortunately.

Would you like to share what doesn’t work? I’ll be happy to hell here or over some IM.

pashkal

Could someone PLEASE make an instruction video how to get this installed? I've spent 3 days with seven attempts to get it working -- and I'm a mess. Please -- I need this BADLY and I've had to factory restore my only PC twice.

@tedbragg

Hi folks, inspired by helping out someone to install the tool, I have recorded a walkthrough of how to install it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvNznDg5yh4

Let me know if you find it useful!

side note, @Surge42, I now have newfound respect for what you do, it was pretty hard doing that even for a tool that I'm familiar with :)

kjvisual

@pashkal I am trying to edit a saved schedule file. The drag and drop functionality is really cool, but I don't mind using a text/code editor. Ultimately I want to use the tool you created as a playout server. I want to string videos together and play them like a TV channel. Please suggest a timestamp conversion tool that will work with the timestamp format for the scheduler.

Thanks for sharing this project you created.

bcoyle

@pashkal I am trying to edit a saved schedule file. The drag and drop functionality is really cool, but I don't mind using a text/code editor. Ultimately I want to use the tool you created as a playout server. I want to string videos together and play them like a TV channel. Please suggest a timestamp conversion tool that will work with the timestamp format for the scheduler.

Hi. What kind of tv station are you trying to create. My goal is a public access kind of station to replace the local one that defunded.

kjvisual

@bcoyle The place where I work has internal "TV". I operate a channel (24/7 streaming video) there. I currently use an app called Tools On Air to schedule and play the videos. The app is expensive, limiting other channels from being created. It seems Pashkal's Scheduler Tool has the framework that could be an interesting solution.

ToolOnAir.jpg

kjvisual

@pashkal I found a website that converts a date to milliseconds. And this seems to work. But it only works when I have a video already loaded on the ruler. If I edit the .0 file with an empty ruler, the video does not seem to load.

bcoyle

@bcoyle The place where I work has internal "TV". I operate a channel (24/7 streaming video) there. I currently use an app called Tools On Air to schedule and play the videos. The app is expensive, limiting other channels from being created. It seems Pashkal's Scheduler Tool has the framework that could be an interesting solution.

View attachment 67577
So how expensive is this. I do appreciate the amount of labor that goes into creating something like this. So if internal, what sort of stuff are you doing? Just being nosy. I'm working on a 24/7 public access tv channel, so am interested in what people are streaming on their channel.