Resource icon

OBS Video Scheduler

pashkal

Hey @kjvisual, this is something I’m actively thinking about right now.

Unfortunately, my initial design wasn’t great, and switching between videos is not as trivial to implement as I’d want to. I really hope I will be releasing a version with this capability soon (within next 2-3 weeks), as I’ve got this request more than once, but for now still trying to design my way around some limitations.

Thanks a lot for the feedback though!

pashkal

The conversion tool as a workaround will work, but if two videos are scheduled too closely to each other tool will start to lag,

This is what I mean when I mention design limitations.

bcoyle

@bcoyle The software is about $1500.
Not too expensive for the amount of work that went into it, but for a very small operation, it could be a big expense. Is the 1500, a one time payment, or is there some annual fee? I'm trying to learn the field and little bits of info are helpful if I am ever in the same situation as you. I'm writing my own, but that's another story and for the amount of work, I'm putting into it, it would have been much cheaper to buy something.

Do you need to schedule certain videos at certain times or are you doing broadcast style where a health segment needs to appear at exactly 9.00am and 11.am. I'm doing that, so my needs are a 24/7 broadcast type of use. Thank you for taking the time to reply.

kjvisual

The conversion tool as a workaround will work, but if two videos are scheduled too closely to each other tool will start to lag,

This is what I mean when I mention design limitations.
@pashkal Awesome! Thank you for working on this. You have a gem in the making here. I hope there is a way I can help. I don't really code, but maybe I can help with ideas or something. For example, I wonder if your plugin can switch scenes. A video source could be loaded into each scene. Maybe you could alternate from scene A to scene B making it seem that the videos are playing back to back.

kjvisual

@bcoyle So ironic! After years of reliable service, the automation system just went down. Hopefully a simple reinstall of everything repairs the problem. Hahahaha I may actually utilize @pashkal OBS Video Scheduler to until I repair the main system. Wow, the timing!

bcoyle

@bcoyle So ironic! After years of reliable service, the automation system just went down. Hopefully a simple reinstall of everything repairs the problem. Hahahaha I may actually utilize @pashkal OBS Video Scheduler to until I repair the main system. Wow, the timing!
I would try to get your original program to work. You have already paid for it, unless there is an annual fee.

kjvisual

I would try to get your original program to work. You have already paid for it, unless there is an annual fee.
I was just having fun with the idea of trying something new. I got the system working again. The OBS Scheduler will probably develop to very helpful. I really look forward to using it. In regards to your community channels, The OBS Video Scheduler might make a lot of sense. But if you want something more robust, check out this software that I used before Tools On Air: https://youtu.be/9tzMqEtMmH8

bcoyle

I was just having fun with the idea of trying something new. I got the system working again. The OBS Scheduler will probably develop to very helpful. I really look forward to using it. In regards to your community channels, The OBS Video Scheduler might make a lot of sense. But if you want something more robust, check out this software that I used before Tools On Air: https://youtu.be/9tzMqEtMmH8
Watched the video. While working on my app, I can see the amount of work that goes into something like that. I'm depending on a lot of work done by others, namely OBS,websocket-obs,websocket-sharp and my app. My app is different from obs videoscheduler in at it is a compositor also.

bcoyle

Started writing my app because it was a challenge. Turned out to be a big time sync. It's funny, the core run engine took less time then the User Interface which I am still working on. These other big companies have more than one individual working on their product, so one person would take forever to write them.

Hi guys i got a little problem...

after following all the steps, when i launch the scheduler, i got a 404 error in the launch of the localhost:8080---

what its wrong?

TIA

laszkris

Supeeeeeer solution :)
BIIIG Thanks :)
The question is.... can it timeing not just that day but like a calendar... you know. forexample list for tomorrow or different days?
Thanks.
Laslo

laszkris

Hi!
Please tell me how can i change the character set because the full page of the movies and videos jut a lot of ?????.?????.??? :)
I try the "C:\scheduler\apache-tomcat-9.0.43\webapps\ROOT/index.html" but nothing change... wat file need to edit for the character set change.
Thanks

laszkris

Sorry but the "Save schedule as" function is not working :(
If i save the schdule, that is can not loading.

bcoyle

It's been a while since anybody has commented on your app. Wanted to encourage you with being one doing app work. Anyway - Keep on trucking.

l.e

[QUOTE = "Fernando Ampuero, příspěvek: 518684, člen: 128998"]
Ahoj kluci, mám malý problém ...

po provedení všech kroků, když spustím plánovač, při spuštění localhost došlo k chybě 404: 8080 ---

co se děje?

TIA
[/CITÁT]
Mám také tento problém. Kde je chyba?

mhdagreat

Hi thank you for this great app. I've done everything in the tutorial but cant seem to get videos to load into the online interface...

I keep getting this error
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "String.contains(java.lang.CharSequence)" because "s" is null
at services.VideoSyncService.getDuration(VideoSyncService.java:114)
at services.VideoSyncService.run(VideoSyncService.java:54)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:831) a.mp4

mhdagreat

I got it to work after a bunch of system resets... I love it its basic and it gets the job done. only thing I've notice so far that I would update is adding a button to instantly play a video instead of having to wait in minute intervals that would be great or just extending the timeline to include seconds as well. Still poking my way around but now that things are up and running this is exactly what I needed