OBS Video Lag

Jam Swoosh

Hello again. I've been recording with OBS again recently, this time on Dead by Daylight, and I notice in my video that sometimes the frame rate drops. I'm recording in 60fps and most of the time it's fine, but I notice the video drops to what looks to be 30fps sometimes, if I put it in Premiere, I can notice several times where one frame is the same two frames. The game is fine when playing. I've tried turning down the downscale filter and that seems to have made it better. I used to have bigger problems back at the start of the year and I've followed all the great steps I was given, thanks again for those FerretBomb, but unfortunately I'm still getting the odd frame problem. My log file says I barely dropped frames. Is it just my computer slightly struggling at times without me realising? Please could anyone let me know if they have an answer? Thanks :)

Attachments

• 2021-11-27 10-14-30.txt
    109.4 KB · Views: 19

konsolenritter

It seems you have no bottleneck regarding the encoding stage (no frames finally lost during that stage, as you mentioned).

But your OBS ticking the sources maxes out to big delays. No mystery: You have one scene messing up two monitor captures plus a game capture plus the camera. Just narrow it down to one capturing method (and one instance in total) per scene. So to say:

- One game capture
XOR (exclusively or)
- one monitor capture

plus the camera.

Jam Swoosh

Thanks, I'll try that :) Would putting them in a different scene help or should I just leave it as one scene and delete all the things I don't need?

konsolenritter

You may distribute these things over different scenes. But then you have to ensure that such sources are "inactivated" whenever this scene is not shown or when the sources aren't visible. On the other hand you have to expect delays at scene switches because source instances and their drivers have to be initialized at each scene switch.

So try to get rid of all sources that aren't really helpful, if you can.