OBS Very Choppy Video

0xdf

Hello,

I'm using OBS to record and my resulting video is very choppy. While the quality is 1080p 30 FPS, I can see a lot of time the video doesn't change frame to frame, and it looks very out of sync with the audio.

My current set up is:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core
Ram: 64 GB
GPU: GeForce GT 710
Webcam: C922x Pro
Mic: Blue Yeti

OBS Settings:
Encoder: x264
Format: x264
Rate Control: CBR
Bitrate: 2500 Kbps
Keyframe Interval 0s
CPU Usage Preset: veryfast
Replace Buffer: not enabled

Happy to share any additional information. That might be useful. It's not clear to me if I have a hardware deficiency (my GPU is not impressive, but is mainly used to drive three HDMI monitors, which it does fine). Or if I have OBS misconfigured. It's also potentially worth noting that the lighting in my current office isn't great, so I'm not sure if that's increasing the processing load.

Thanks in advance.

0xdf

I did just upload a log file here: https://obsproject.com/logs/m3d6jf-HC6CMiZv_

The analyzer says two things:
- Two instances - That is true, I've been using two instances to record mic/audio into one video, and screen capture into another. Just using one instance doesn't seem to change anything on the video quality output. Is there a better way to get two video files at the same time like this?
- 35.2% Rendering Lag - It seems to say that the GPU is the issue. Are there things I can configure on my system, or do I just need need hardware?

0xdf

Resolved with the help of discord! Thank you everyone there.

Issue was with the settings for my webcam, which were stuck at 5 fps.