OBS/VDO Ninja: How to get permanent solo view links

Matt Reiner

I'm preparing my OBS setup for live streams that have 1-3 guests joining using VDO.ninja. I've set up a room that I plan to use consistently with the director view. I end up with a URL that looks like:
Screenshot 2023-01-23 at 08.10.21.png

I can grab the guest link and easily invite my guests to join. They each pop in with their own video and audio previews. To add them to OBS, I copy the solow view link for each, which look like:
https://vdo.ninja/?view=[some random hash]&solo&room=testdirector&password=testpassword
And this is problematic. These URLs don't stay the same, the hash is always changing. So if a guest disconnects and reconnects, or if I go to do another show the following day, the URL changes, and I have to recopy it and update my OBS source.

I've looked through the VDO.ninja documentation and it seems like the instructions there don't affect the solo view links. They continue to have the random hash, so I keep having to update them in OBS.

Any ideas on how to keep the solo links consistent so I don't have to keep updating them in my sources?

Matt Reiner

Ah, the solution is to add the push URL parameter to the share link before sending it to guests, not to the room link.

TychoW

I'm preparing my OBS setup for live streams that have 1-3 guests joining using VDO.ninja. I've set up a room that I plan to use consistently with the director view. I end up with a URL that looks like:
View attachment 90983
I can grab the guest link and easily invite my guests to join. They each pop in with their own video and audio previews. To add them to OBS, I copy the solow view link for each, which look like:
https://vdo.ninja/?view=[some random hash]&solo&room=testdirector&password=testpassword
And this is problematic. These URLs don't stay the same, the hash is always changing. So if a guest disconnects and reconnects, or if I go to do another show the following day, the URL changes, and I have to recopy it and update my OBS source.

I've looked through the VDO.ninja documentation and it seems like the instructions there don't affect the solo view links. They continue to have the random hash, so I keep having to update them in OBS.

Any ideas on how to keep the solo links consistent so I don't have to keep updating them in my sources?
Hi, you can read all about the IDs here:

tomway

Ah, the solution is to add the push URL parameter to the share link before sending it to guests, not to the room link.
Hi Matt, I'm facing exactly the same problem using roving commentators during a live event who might have to halt connections and reconnect multiple times. It looks like you solved the problem. Could you explain what the 'push URL parameter' means? I've tried searching and read about the stream IDs in the docs but can't work it out :(