OBS v28.0.1 Crashes everytime

derthaller

Hi all, since the update to v28 and 28.0.1 I have the problem that OBS actually hangs after every recording. Also OBS crashes when it is just open, this happens every now and then after a few minutes. The recording is remuxed from MKV to MP4 and after that "no more feedback". Also pausing the recording is no longer possible because OBS brings after the further recording the message "Encoder takes too long recording is stopped".

The log is now from the first problem (Crash after Recording / just Open, the pause function is relatively unimportant for me, but I still wanted to mention it.

Attachments

• Crash after Recording.txt
    28 KB · Views: 27
  • Crash just Open.txt
    25.7 KB · Views: 29

PaiSand

Those aren't crash reports but log files. Please attach a crash report. You can access the folder from within Help menu.

PaiSand

So, the program actually didn't crash.
The ndi plugin isn't updated yet. If you use it, please roll back OBS to version 27.2.4 otherwise remove it.
Actually, check for all your plugins to be updated. List of comppatiblility with OBS 28+:

Also:

derthaller

So, the program actually didn't crash.
The ndi plugin isn't updated yet. If you use it, please roll back OBS to version 27.2.4 otherwise remove it.
Actually, check for all your plugins to be updated. List of comppatiblility with OBS 28+:

Also:
Hey, its not the NDI PlugIn, the Problem is the HEVC Encoder.

If i select HEVC for Recording it behaves with those random "Freezes" if i select the NVENC 264 it doesnt.
Anything i can try to fix this?

Nvidia 2080 Super (reinstalled the driver and changed From Gaming to Studio Driver Version.