OBS Studios QuickSync H.264 option doesn't use Video Decode/Video Processing as Intel Command Center.

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
I'm not sure what you're trying to do, but replacing OBS DLLs with those from other programs isn't going to work well. What's the actual problem you are having?

HeitorMR

I'm not sure what you're trying to do, but replacing OBS DLLs with those from other programs isn't going to work well. What's the actual problem you are having?
No, i was just testing.

I'm going to recompile obs studio and do some changes to see if that will work

HeitorMR

oh the problem?
In Intel Command Center, the recording option uses Video Processing and Video Decode.
In OBS, Video Processing isn't used.

I'm trying to use Video Processing to release cpu usage.

If that's impossible(because obs uses a 3d rendered scene) i'm ok with that.

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
QSV is a (mostly) hardware encoder, if you are encoding with that you should see reduced CPU usage vs software encoding.

For decoding media sources, if hardware acceleration is turned on then FFmpeg should use any available decoding engine which may or may not include Intel GPU decoding.

HeitorMR

QSV is a (mostly) hardware encoder, if you are encoding with that you should see reduced CPU usage vs software encoding.

For decoding media sources, if hardware acceleration is turned on then FFmpeg should use any available decoding engine which may or may not include Intel GPU decoding.
What about Video Processing? Do you know why OBS doesn't use it?

HeitorMR

Did you guys think about using oneVPL in OBS?

HeitorMR

Can you guys add video processing usage for intel cpus? :)