Resource icon

OBS Studio OBS Studio: Stream to multiple platforms or channels at once

megpoid0

I need to stream to both YouTube and Facebook. I can get YouTube to work just fine...but Facebook always give me errors
Any Suggestions?
The entire Facebook RTMPS URL must be enclosed in double quotes, from rtmps:// to the end of your command.

Is there any way to automatically restart stream if connection was lost?
In my testing, FFmpeg would quit automatically upon losing network connection, so I imagine you could create an infinite loop that would automatically restart FFmpeg for you if it ever has to quit for any reason. Unfortunately, since FFmpeg must be started before starting the local RTMP stream to avoid adding very high latency, this might require additional flags that I don't know much about. Try adding -fflags nobuffer before your -i, and then make the whole command into a .bat file that restarts itself unless you manually exit it:

Code:
:loop
start /WAIT ffmpeg -fflags nobuffer -i rtmp:// the rest of your command goes here
goto loop

Is it possible to stream OBS to SessionsLive and facebook at the same time?
If they accept RTMP inputs, yes.

ChrisLive

Good evening, I'm hoping to use this Tutorial but I can't even OPEN Mona Server.exe. (there is no exe)
How do you open MAKEFILE type files?
When I google it, this HUGE process of downloading a makefile-readable software, like GNU open-source, and even then, that requires some command lines and other specific installation.

I've been trying this for over 2 weeks and have spent 20+ hours just tinkering,DLing NginX, and about a billion other softwares, set ups, guides, and still can't make any progress forward. Any help would be appreciated!

ChrisLive

How do you open MAKEFILE type files?
Confused me.

This YT video helped, but still can't get Mona Server:

Can't open the Mona Makefile Files.

megpoid0

Also: http://www.monaserver.ovh/installation.html
and Mona downloaded from here: https://github.com/MonaSolutions/MonaServer.git.

Also tried: https://obsproject.com/forum/thread...-private-rtmfp-server-using-monaserver.23881/

This all seems really simple yet complicated, any help would be appreciated.
I'm sure you were looking for a big blue "download" button, but you need a different button.
1614703736817.png

live2bfree76

Hi, is there any way to get a rtmp pull links using this method?

I'm desiring to stream locally on one computer and then use restream to pull the stream in as a source.
Thanks!

megpoid0

Hi, is there any way to get a rtmp pull links using this method?

I'm desiring to stream locally on one computer and then use restream to pull the stream in as a source.
Thanks!

If you can forward ports and have a "white" IP, yes, forward any port (1935 is the default for RTMP) and allow monaserver.exe through any firewalls you're using, then the RTMP feed can be accessed from the outside internet using your external IP and forwarded port.

harshanlal

Is it possible to install this on an M1 Mac? I've tried and am not succeeding. I can't find any tutorials for it either.

scarab1993

Hello, i'm having trouble following the last part of the tutorial. I have created the monaserver and checked that the stream is live with the ffplay command. The stream shows. Now i am wondering where do i enter in the stream key with the ingest server URL's as per the next step in the tutorial.

Thanks in advance.

megpoid0

Hello, i'm having trouble following the last part of the tutorial. I have created the monaserver and checked that the stream is live with the ffplay command. The stream shows. Now i am wondering where do i enter in the stream key with the ingest server URL's as per the next step in the tutorial.

Thanks in advance.
The "stream key" becomes path of the RTMP URL, i.e.:
Code:
rtmp://live-tpe.twitch.tv/app/live_60313845_GOvKCN5i9iDdiENe8d82bnNw90oWe
In this instance, the stream key is live_60313845_GOvKCN5i9iDdiENe8d82bnNw90oWe (I made that up to look like a real stream key)
Let me know if this doesn't work, it's been enough years that Twitch might have changed something on their end.

Maelas

Quick note on using the plugin- Simply hitting "Stop Stream" in OBS does not stop the stream to the individual platforms. You have to stop each stream to each platform

Maelas

So I have a question about this plugin. When using Restream.io, I simply send the signal tot heir server and they restream it wherever else. However since I am using my own RTMP server per this tutorial, every platform I stream to increases my upload send rate. So for 3 platforms at 6 Mbps, Im sending 18Mbps. Is there an option with the plugin where I dont double my upload send rate for each platform I add? Isnt there a way the plugin can take one stream an re-encode it for another platform?