Resource icon

OBS Studio OBS Studio: Stream to multiple platforms or channels at once

megpoid0

megpoid0 submitted a new resource:

OBS Studio: Stream to multiple platforms or channels at once - Without the use of third-party services like Restream

Before you read, please note that this is only useful if a third party service like https://restream.io doesn't suit your needs. Also, some of the more complicated setups might require a good understanding of command-line FFmpeg. If you need help for your specific setup, ping Nakajima Megumi#7432 in the obsproject support Discord.

The general idea is as follows: host a RTMP server on your PC, stream to that server, then use FFmpeg to copy the stream to as many...

Read more about this resource...

regstuff

Nice tutorial. Any recommendations on setting the thread_queue_size option in ffmpeg?
Also do you find you have to add -nostdin? I found that my ffmpeg sometimes quit unexpectedly without this.

megpoid0

Nice tutorial. Any recommendations on setting the thread_queue_size option in ffmpeg?
Also do you find you have to add -nostdin? I found that my ffmpeg sometimes quit unexpectedly without this.
To my knowledge, using the Windows versions of monaserver and ffmpeg shouldn't require any additional options. If that's not the case on Linux and you have the exact steps-to-reproduce, I could try to reproduce issues on my nginx-rtmp-module server and Linux ffmpeg.

regstuff

To my knowledge, using the Windows versions of monaserver and ffmpeg shouldn't require any additional options. If that's not the case on Linux and you have the exact steps-to-reproduce, I could try to reproduce issues on my nginx-rtmp-module server and Linux ffmpeg.
Just found that ffmpeg quits every once in a very long while. Found this to be helpful: https://superuser.com/questions/1492507/why-does-ffmpeg-require-nostdin-in-while-loop

I've always wondered what the right value for thread queue size is. Never really understood the mechanics behind it. I kind of run it at 512 because that's what I found others were using and it works for me without any issues.

I3ordo

As a restream user, i wonder if i can keep using restream output like usual but also sendout a specific scene scene with its specific audio source/s to an individual person over internet. The origin of this need is. I would like to let a friend watch my gameplay with game's audio while i chat over discord and , let obs broadcast our chat+the game+ audio to restream destinations.

Currently i can let him watch the gameplay while hearing me but he has to mute the stream's audio as it will result in him hearing our chatter.
My first solution was to create an ndi source which was not difficult at all but have not figured out a way to send over internet to him yet.

megpoid0

As a restream user, i wonder if i can keep using restream output like usual but also sendout a specific scene scene with its specific audio source/s to an individual person over internet. The origin of this need is. I would like to let a friend watch my gameplay with game's audio while i chat over discord and , let obs broadcast our chat+the game+ audio to restream destinations.

Currently i can let him watch the gameplay while hearing me but he has to mute the stream's audio as it will result in him hearing our chatter.
My first solution was to create an ndi source which was not difficult at all but have not figured out a way to send over internet to him yet.
Sending multiple different streams to different destination is a different use-case. Look into using Parsec if you want something easy, or install "Recorder devices for ShareX" (a software package that can be installed from ShareX's UI) and use FFmpeg to stream your desktop to them. Or two instances of OBS.

I3ordo

Sending multiple different streams to different destination is a different use-case. Look into using Parsec if you want something easy, or install "Recorder devices for ShareX" (a software package that can be installed from ShareX's UI) and use FFmpeg to stream your desktop to them. Or two instances of OBS.
I ended up sending OBS' non-stream scene with audio to SLOBS and have two simulatenous streams, it was fine and all but using discord" go live" was much easier as i used "screen sharing" and used a separate audio source as mic out
for discord ((my voice+game audio). the only down of all this is, 30 fps which can be solved by nitro

greg23

Hi there, I would need some advice how to do this with Linux (Ubuntu). Monaserver is not a regular Linux tool, but I guess the process would be similar with some other localserver tool.

ashmanmedia

I stumbled upon this in search of a better solution to stream to Facebook Groups "Private or Public" groups I belong to.

Currently there is no way to automate the streaming / sharing to multiple groups at once.
ReStream does not allow streaming directly to groups you do not own.

crosscreekac

When you visit the FFmpeg site, this message is displayed along the top: "ffmpeg.zeranoe.com will close on Sep 18, 2020, and all builds will be removed. If you're using Zeranoe FFmpeg Builds in your product, please ensure that you have a hosting strategy in place by the 18th. Thank you to everyone who supported the project along the way!"

Does that mean that this won't be a viable option for this solution anymore? I'm on Mac and I can figure out the RTMP server but I'll need something to replace the FFmpeg side of it. Ideas?

megpoid0

When you visit the FFmpeg site, this message is displayed along the top: "ffmpeg.zeranoe.com will close on Sep 18, 2020, and all builds will be removed. If you're using Zeranoe FFmpeg Builds in your product, please ensure that you have a hosting strategy in place by the 18th. Thank you to everyone who supported the project along the way!"

Does that mean that this won't be a viable option for this solution anymore? I'm on Mac and I can figure out the RTMP server but I'll need something to replace the FFmpeg side of it. Ideas?
When Zeranoe stops hosting FFmpeg binaries, someone else will. You won't lose FFmpeg.

Dropshock

Hey there, just wanted to swing through and mention that Zeranoe has finally stopped hosting the FFmpeg binaries. Unfortunately I showed up extremely late to the discussion. I was wondering if anyone has found alternative hosts for Zeranoes FFmpeg build? I'm having a hard time on my end finding the build. Otherwise, any other builds work just as well?

Serdar2020

Hello guys,
Thanks a lot for this useful tutrial.
In order to restream multiple channel we tried to open multiple obs and there aren't any problem.
So I would like to know what is the problem of this way ? And is there any one try it?

Emmertjo

I need to stream to both YouTube and Facebook. I can get YouTube to work just fine...but Facebook always give me errors This is what I enter

Code:
ffmpeg -i rtmp://localhost:1935/live/stream -c:v copy -c:a copy -f flv rtmps://live-api-s.facebook.com:443/rtmp/MY-STREAMKEY

It will run through it's paces and then give me this:

Code:
[rtmps @ 000001d13f843040] Server error: Error publishing stream: code=9, msg=ERR, BAD_AUTH, URL=Domain: live-api-s.facebook.com, url: /rtmp/3433515993402876?s_bl=1, sendPublishError=true
rtmps://live-api-s.facebook.com:443/rtmp/3433515993402876?s_bl=1: Operation not permitted
's_ps' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
's_psm' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
's_sw' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
's_vt' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
'a' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

Originally I was also getting an error about the video specs, but I updated OBS to output at the settings Facebook requests. (Video Format Guide)

Any Suggestions?