Question / Help Obs Studio is causing my CPU to run at 100%

Link2551

I'm having an issue with OBS Studio v22.0.2. When I open the program, not even streaming or recording, my CPU usage instantly goes up to 100%. I adjusted a few presets in OBS, but it only dropped it down to 96% usage. I looked in the processing tab, of my task manager, and it shows that OBS is using around 86-90% of my CPU. I can't even record a simple reaction video without my entire system attempting to shut itself down. Anyone have any ideas?

carlmmii

2-core cpu @2.9ghz, rendering on integrated graphics on a 1920x1080 canvas, with *several* browser sources, including the bit cup.

Clean up your scenes, remove the bit up if necessary. You don't have any recording attempt in there, so can't tell what you'll be attempting to be using as an encoder, but it's sure as hell going to have a hard time encoding 1080p.

Link2551

2-core cpu @2.9ghz, rendering on integrated graphics on a 1920x1080 canvas, with *several* browser sources, including the bit cup.

Clean up your scenes, remove the bit up if necessary. You don't have any recording attempt in there, so can't tell what you'll be attempting to be using as an encoder, but it's sure as hell going to have a hard time encoding 1080p.
I'll try that. It's just weird that it started happening right after the update and wasn't doing this before.

Link2551

Thanks for all of your help everyone. I figured out that my issues were being caused by the live overlays that I linked to OBS right after the 22.0.2 update. Again thank you for all of your help. I'm in the process of building an actual gaming/streaming computer, so that I'm not running my 2-core processor anymore, but $2,300 is a lot to come up with.

Winxtinct_YT

Had the exact same problem with my OBS and i have and i7 - 8700k 2060 rtx and 32 gigs of ram and nothing worked untill i removed all the sources and scenes from OBS and suddenly the game were running as they should. Do let me know if this works for you.