OBS Studio OBS-Studio: High quality recording and multiple Audio Tracks [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapiens

Forum Moderator
There is no single "golden" setting. You have to limit the game's frame rate enough that your GPU isn't maxed out, whether that's via vsync or an in-game param like fps_max or a third-party tool like NVIDIA Inspector. If your GPU can't drive the game at 144 FPS consistently without hitting 100% usage then you have to scale things back a bit.

Kajx88

There is no single "golden" setting. You have to limit the game's frame rate enough that your GPU isn't maxed out, whether that's via vsync or an in-game param like fps_max or a third-party tool like NVIDIA Inspector. If your GPU can't drive the game at 144 FPS consistently without hitting 100% usage then you have to scale things back a bit.
Is there a way I can record with my GPU over my cpu? Might change the way video looks

Sapiens

Forum Moderator
Yes, the guide you're commenting on has full instructions for using a hardware encoder. That doesn't have anything to do with the GPU load incurred by running a game at high frame rates.

Kajx88

Yes, the guide you're commenting on has full instructions for using a hardware encoder. That doesn't have anything to do with the GPU load incurred by running a game at high frame rates.
Do I have to limit the fps above or under the refresh rate? (or just so that its stable)

Sapiens

Forum Moderator
Whether that value is above or blow the monitor's refresh rate doesn't really matter by itself. If you want the game to render more frames than your monitor can display that's okay, as long as your GPU can do so without maxing out.

Kajx88

Do I have to limit the fps above or under the refresh rate?
Whether that value is above or blow the monitor's refresh rate doesn't really matter by itself. If you want the game to render more frames than your monitor can display that's okay, as long as your GPU can do so without maxing out.
Okay, thanks for the help! Been trying to fix the problem on my own for awhile now.

Jm764

Is there a way to have different audio setups per OBS profile and is it possible to rename them? I have one for steams and one for recordings so the stream only needs two devices my virtual mic and virtual speakers, but my recordings need 4 devices which are 1 virtual mic and 3 virtual speakers.

it's a complicated setup but the later allows me to edit any audio I have in seconds if it needs to be fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:

MissBizz

This may seem like a very foolish question, but just wanted to check. For NVENC quality, the lower the number the better the quality?

As well, is there any harm in running 2 OBS instances using 2 different encoders? As in, one instance records the game using x264 and the other instance records the webcam using NVENC?

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
Yes, lower number = higher quality.
No, running two instances to record the game and your webcam separately is fine. It can be a problem if you try to capture the same program twice for example with two instances. Or if you try to capture the webcam in both instances. It will only work in one without an external program.

Holly

Whenever I try to record multiple tracks I find that only the first track of the two is being recorded. IE: if I have tracks 1 and 2 selected, only track 1 will be recorded and subsequently if I have track 2 and 3 selected only track 2 will be recorded regardless of what audio source I am using. All of my settings follow the guidelines listed in this forum but I am still having issues. I am currently using Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 as my editing software. A friend of mine is also using Premiere but it is CC not CS6. They are not having these issues. Is there something I cam do to fix this?

Kajx88

Whenever I try to record multiple tracks I find that only the first track of the two is being recorded. IE: if I have tracks 1 and 2 selected, only track 1 will be recorded and subsequently if I have track 2 and 3 selected only track 2 will be recorded regardless of what audio source I am using. All of my settings follow the guidelines listed in this forum but I am still having issues. I am currently using Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 as my editing software. A friend of mine is also using Premiere but it is CC not CS6. They are not having these issues. Is there something I cam do to fix this?
Go to the mixer on OBS studio and make the tracks seperate. :)

amsyar ZeRo

I'm having the same issue as @Holly .My microphone is set to track 2 & my game audio to track 3.I ensured that track 2 & 3 were selected in the "Recording" tab.

After I recorded,only track 2(mic) is recorded.Track 3(game) doesn't appear to give output at all.

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
I currently do not own an AMD GPU, could you get me the possible settings so I can add it to the guide?
Like what Rate Control options are available, presets, other important settings, etc.

alexson

Jack0r, I also agree with you. You can run it with the help of Handbrake to re compress it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xaymar

AMD VCE [H264 Encoder (AMD Advanced Media Framework)]
  • Quality Preset: Quality (maximum compression, change to Balanced or Speed if having issues)
  • Profile: High
  • Profile Level: 5.2 or 5.1 (depending on what is available)
  • Keyframe Interval: 1,2 or 3.
  • Rate Control Method: CQP or VBR_LAT
  • on CQP: I-/P-/B-Frame QP: 11-22 (Default is 22)
  • on VBR_LAT: Minimum QP=0, Maximum QP=51, Target Bitrate=10000
    Increase Minimum QP and decrease Target Bitrate when having issues.
  • Important: VCE 2 Cards should set B-Picture Pattern to 0 until it is fixed in a Driver update.
There are also Presets for Lossless, Indistinguishable, High Quality, Recording, YouTube and Twitch. These will set up the encoder for that type of usage and will update it whenever a plugin update comes out.

Edit: All configuration options are listed here: https://github.com/Xaymar/OBS-AMD-Advanced-Media-Framework/wiki/Configuration

Last edited:

Trichael Man

Is there a recommended CQP setting for NVENC if you plan to upload the VODs to YouTube? I know that YouTube compresses the videos so I was wondering if there was a "sweet spot" CQP level before you get diminishing returns by decreasing the CQP level after a certain point.

The games I plan to play would be Skyrim with texture mods, Overwatch, and CS:GO.

Status
Not open for further replies.