Question / Help OBS Studio. Fps drops only in the program, but not in game.

Nikosnakes

Hi everyone, since some days I can no longer go live because of some strange fps drop that occur in the program. I don't even have to record to see it, even in the video preview the fps drop, while in the game they are very high.
Few weeks ago, everything was smooth, it happened suddenly.
Here’s my settings, but I can tell you that I tried literally every combination of settings.
I also did a lot of tests:

1st GPU and CPU temperatures are fine (70 °C for the GPU in game + intense streaming and 60 °C for the CPU always in one-hour long streams)
2nd I changed streaming software (streamlabs and Xsplit), the problem remains.
3rd The connection is fine, almost 20mb in upload (I have always streamed in fullhd)
4th I tried to change servers on streamlabs and to change streaming site from twitch to youtube
5th Even if the upload was fine, I lowered the bitrate to the minimum and the obs settings to the minimum, to see if that was the problem
6th I don't use antivirus and windows firewall has been disabled for months (I know how not to take viruses and where to get my hands
7th I changed obs and streamlabs obs versions, reinstalled both, cleaned the caches
8th I changed to fullscreen, borderless and windowed gaming. From 1920x1080 resolution to 800x600
9th In some singleplayer games I had to lock the fps to 60 from144 (the frequency of my monitor) and it got better, but it’s still lagging.
However, I can’t lock my fps to 60, since I need the 144Hz smoothness, if it could have been a solution, I would have excluded it anyway.
10th I tried several Nvidia drivers, from the latest to previous versions

The only test that has gone almost successfully is to have lowered the graphics settings in play ... Which makes little sense, if I do 100fps at high and 120 at low.
But still it led to fewer fps losses at some point, even if eventually the drops remained.

Long story short, it can’t be a hardware problem since I have very high fps in game and the streaming was fine few weeks ago.
It’s very strange that I can see the fps drop from the preview as well.
Could it be caused by something that I accidentally modified or a windows update that only gave me problems? I really don't know.
At this point, there’s only two things to try: either restore the computer to a few weeks ago, or format windows.
I would like to avoid these last two solutions ... because making a backup of everything would be hard work. I checked every single thread on here about frame drops, but nothing worked for me.
What do you think?
I really need a hand, thanks to all for the attention and I hope it’s not the wrong section.

PC Specs:
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor 3.40GHz
16Gb ram dual channel 3000mhz
GeForce GTX 1050ti 4gb
Windows 10 Pro

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    31.9 KB · Views: 76
  • 2.png
    2.png
    39.4 KB · Views: 77
  • 3.png
    3.png
    20.5 KB · Views: 62
  • 2019-09-29 17-21-51.txt
    104.6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Tarumes

This forum here is for OBS-Studio

not for Streamlabs

If you have problems or need help with Streamlabs
I'd ask you to use their support.

Nikosnakes

I changed everything on this thread(screen and filelog), so that i can have support on here.
I have the same problems both on obs and streamlabs.
This forum here is for OBS-Studio

not for Streamlabs

If you have problems or need help with Streamlabs
I'd ask you to use their support.