OBS Studio OBS-Studio: Enable CoreAudio AAC encoder (Windows) [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

alasamorph

ALso.. I have now solved my problem.. The Audio in the main Settings was set to 48kHz, I tried 44.1kHz, it is now working perfectly!!
Amazing, spent two days on this..
Hope this helps others...

A

alasamorph

Don't know if this will help others.. but.. My system now working and I figured out what was wrong using the Honestech installation. I noticed when I run thatm the v7, VHS2DVD application with the NW06 Vidbox, in the settings at the bottom, there is an entry for the video grabber, as above but, underneath, greyed out, is a 'Line In' entry, unused I guess, NO reference to using the NW06 Vidbox USB as the sound source. And that system has worked consistently, So, this morning in the 'Sources' option for the Vidbox, I unchecked 'Use Custom Audio Device', the NW06 Vidbox, was the entry, and the one I have been using all along, and instead used 'Output Desktop Audio(Directsound)' though the 'Wave out' also works as well.. And bosh, it all worked straight away..
I had assumed there would be some sort of entry for using the USB Vidbox input to the PC as a direct sound source, but can't see how this can be done.. In Sound Control PAnel, I have both my 'Mic Inputs' greyed out on the 'Recordings Tab' ?? Any suggestions about _that_ would be welcome..

Cheers
A

alasamorph

BTW, the 48 to 44.1kHz thing, mentioend above, must have been a 'red herring', think I possibly changed the audio setting as well, as explained above, and this is what worked, not the change in sampling rate...

A

alasamorph

And ... this afternoon... I discoverd tha6t if the Sound Panel, has any 'Listen to' enabled in the check box, that 'feature' stops the Mike from being used, if the check box is checked. I just unchecked any that were, and now OBS is using the HT VIDBOX NW06 as a 'Capture Only', 'Use Custon Device' correctly. I am also able to go back and use the 'Mic' as the input device .. all has now become clear..

Cheers
A

D

Deleted member 274374

Again people,
The latest version with contain AppleApplicationSupport can be downloaded from here: >> CoreAudio AAC encoder << ( iTunes 12.10.8 )

- Close OBS and run files.
- Extract the files with 7zip or WinRAR and install only:

AppleApplicationSupport.msi (for Windows 32 bits).
AppleApplicationSupport64.msi (for Windows 64 bits).

- You can see that the encoder is used by checking the log file of OBS.
- Search for a line that says: "[CoreAudio encoder]: Adding CoreAudio AAC encoder".

MarvinFS

Again people,
The latest version with contain AppleApplicationSupport can be downloaded from here: >> CoreAudio AAC encoder << ( iTunes 12.10.8 )

- Close OBS and run files.
- Extract the files with 7zip or WinRAR and install only:

AppleApplicationSupport.msi (for Windows 32 bits).
AppleApplicationSupport64.msi (for Windows 64 bits).

- You can see that the encoder is used by checking the log file of OBS.
- Search for a line that says: "[CoreAudio encoder]: Adding CoreAudio AAC encoder".
I suggest you you to report yourself! People DO NOT believe this person! He is misleading the community probably due to incompetence. These issues were already solved a long ago!
No need to install apple crap.

There are new way for setting it up:
https://ideas.obsproject.com/posts/1890/windows-portable-call-to-coreaudiotoolbox-dll
a batch script for Windows to extract from latest official itunes64 package - it creates a folder with files
https://github.com/nu774/makeportable/blob/master/makeportable2.cmd
then just copy the contents to the osb installation folder and it works! I personally use it since these issues with finding correct appleapplicationsupport have started

Mishasama

I suggest you you to report yourself! People DO NOT believe this person! He is misleading the community probably due to incompetence. These issues were already solved a long ago!
No need to install apple crap.

There are new way for setting it up:
https://ideas.obsproject.com/posts/1890/windows-portable-call-to-coreaudiotoolbox-dll
a batch script for Windows to extract from latest official itunes64 package - it creates a folder with files
https://github.com/nu774/makeportable/blob/master/makeportable2.cmd
then just copy the contents to the osb installation folder and it works! I personally use it since these issues with finding correct appleapplicationsupport have started

To be honest, I can hardly understand the contents of ideas, and I think this method is extremely complicated for ordinary users. I still think it is simpler and more convenient to just download an automatic installation package and solve the problem.

Maybe you can provide us with that library file directly placed in the OBS folder?

MarvinFS

To be honest, I can hardly understand the contents of ideas, and I think this method is extremely complicated for ordinary users. I still think it is simpler and more convenient to just download an automatic installation package and solve the problem.

Maybe you can provide us with that library file directly placed in the OBS folder?
Oh yeah nice idea, I should've done that initially
that's the latest version ready to use no need to install anything.
all contents of "QTfiles64" folder goes to OBS default installation folder, or anywhere you have it installed (default C:\Program Files\obs-studio\bin\64bit)
and archive contains ready script itself - in case there will be updated version, but this current works file on my 29.0.2. Attaching codec version number as well - that's the latest one, late 2022
This server doesn't allow files that size - it's 17.5MB archive. so here is wetransfer link
if anybody knows better storage for that - feel free
2023-02-15_23-08-16.png 2023-02-15_23-19-41.png

Last edited:

MarvinFS

CRC info to be sure it's not modified
Name: QTfiles64.zip
Size: 18334005 bytes (17 MiB)
SHA256: fa094747776ffeb505c519c87dbc17c49269514d4fd94f796f3b53d00543728f

Fenrir

Forum Admin
Since this guide is outdated and no longer maintained, I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread, and remove the resource given there is just arguing and insulting back and forth on the best way to get a dll file. If anyone wishes to submit a new guide with their instructions, they are welcome to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.