OBS Studio casually crashing games with Game Capture

Polda18

Hello. I wanted to try out streaming from home, since I discovered a fast enough Internet connection at home, but couldn't, because when I tried to invoke a keystroke of Game Capture to start capturing Minecraft 1.20.1, first two times it simply didn't work, third time it crashed the JVM that runs the game. I haven't tested it with other games, but I the keystroke for example doesn't work in Quake III Arena if it runs in full screen mode, doesn't work in Project Snowblind, and I think now, that it might be related. I'm not sure if the crash is really just Minecraft issue, or it's directly related to OBS, but Game Capture crashes the game. It might be the JRE bundled with the game, I might try to use external JRE, not the one bundled with Minecraft Launcher, to see if the issue persists. If it does, it might be related to Java in general. If it crashes other games running on different engine (not Java), then there's a possible chance that it's a bug of OBS.

This strange bug has been reported to Mojang. It seems to riddle prior versions as well, dating back couple of years, so it's not a new bug, merely a bug that resurfaced. It also seems to not affect everyone, because Mojang seems to be unable to replicate the issues. Link: https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/MC-229195

I'll attach log file later, I do not currently have access to my personal laptop where this bug happens. For now I will post up relevant specs of my system I remember (more detailed info in the log file and I'll also post some screenshots).

Windows 11 64bit 23H2 (Insider Preview)
CPU Intel i5 8th gen
GPU nVidia GeForce GTX 1050
RAM 16GB DDR4
VRAM 8GB (integrated to GPU)

I may include more details including the log later this day, more specifically after 4pm CEST (Central European Saving Time, I'm not gonna convert it to other timezones, there's simply too many, use an online tool for that). Reason is that's the time I generally come back from work.

Polda18

As promised, this is my OBS log file for the MC crash OBS caused when tried to capture the game screen: https://obsproject.com/logs/ZpekheXKhegSfqOr

As for detailed specs, I have these screenshots:
1690207791978.png

GPU and screen info

1690207846126.png

System info

Minecraft Launcher didn't generate JVM error log this time, but I can attach a previous one I sent to MC bug track.

Attachments

• hs_err_pid12936.log
    64.3 KB · Views: 13