OBS Studio 29 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
When streaming, CBR is enforced by service recommendations that require/recommend it. You can disable this by checking the "Ignore streaming service setting recommendations" in the Stream settings page. However, this is generally not recommended, and particularly YouTube (in your case) still lists CBR as the recommended setting here.

That said, this isn't something new or unique to the OBS Studio 29 beta, as OBS Studio has functioned this way for quite some time. This thread is focused on issues specific or new to the OBS Studio 29 beta. For questions not specific to the OBS Studio 29 beta, please seek assistance in the OBS Studio Support section of the forum or on our Discord server.

Nightcrawla

Hello all, so I updated to the latest Intel Arc/Iris Xe Graphics Driver 31.0.101.4032 and lost the ability to record with Intel QSV AV1, the option to record/stream with Quicksync h.264 is still there though. I'm using OBS 29 Beta 3 build.

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
Hello all, so I updated to the latest Intel Arc/Iris Xe Graphics Driver 31.0.101.4032 and lost the ability to record with Intel QSV AV1, the option to record/stream with Quicksync h.264 is still there though. I'm using OBS 29 Beta 3 build.
We would need an OBS log for more information before attempting to troubleshoot this.

odlg

I installed obs 29 beta from flatpak on ubuntu 22.04 on a HP laptop with an AMD 5650U with Renoir graphics. obs does not detect hardware encoding ability. I have attached vainfo and obs verbose output.

Attachments

• obs-verbose.txt
    20.3 KB · Views: 49
  • vainfo-all.txt
    5.6 KB · Views: 44
Major Issue with new Hardware ProRes encoder on Mac and multi-track audio recordings inside Premiere Pro.

Versions 15.0+ of Premiere Pro (upto PP 2023 latest) do not play anything other than the first track when ProRes .mkv recordings are made and remuxed to .mov.

Occasionally the audio will play in Premiere Pro, for around 30s-1min or until Premiere Pro Windows focus is lost.

Version 14.9 and below of Premiere Pro operate fine (but are pretty old now so not worth using due to loss of Dynamic Link integration with other Adobe Apps e.g. After Effects).

There is a major issue here, likely due to .mkv timings being limited to ms i.e. only exact divisions of 1000ms return correct frame numbers e.g. 50fps or 62.5fps (likely why recordings at 60fps show as 62.5fps)

.MOV doesn't have this issue it seems but means Mac Hardware ProRes can't be used in a professional workflow due to risk of file loss if .MOV header fails to be written - crash proof recordings essential, which only MKV ensures

Seems there was a similar issue here with the StreamFX FFMPEG implementation of ProRes, and a video of it happening here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/prem...remiere-pro-15-2-opening/m-p/12029163#M345973

Nightcrawla

We would need an OBS log for more information before attempting to troubleshoot this.
Sorry I wasn't home for a few days... I've since updated to OBS 29 Release, however same issue as beta 3. With latest Intel Arc Driver 31.0.101.4032, Intel QSV AV1 is missing under the Settings>Ouput>Recording tab from OBS 29 Release and Beta 3. Quicksync h.264 is still there though under both Streaming and Recording tabs. If I roll back to a previous Arc driver version (31.0.101.3959) AV1 shows back up in the Recording list. Here is the log from the current new release of OBS 29 running on driver version .4032 from Intel. https://obsproject.com/logs/Sf95Z1OeuGp8M9U1
If you want me to roll back the Intel Driver and send you the log for that since that one does have AV1 show up in the recording tab on both beta 3 and Release versions, I can do that as well if you'd like. Thank you guys for a great release as always! Excellent work.

Nightcrawla

https://obsproject.com/logs/OzBWwGqNDmV0jU8r - OBS 29 Release
Here is the log on Intel Arc Driver: 31.0.101.3959 where all the options show up. Quicksync H.264/HEVC on both Streaming and Recording tabs along with QS AV1 as well under the recording tab. Forgot to mention on the last post that not only was AV1 gone, but QS HEVC was also gone on both Streaming/Recording tabs as well using Intel Arc Driver: 31.0.101.4032

Xaymar

For Plugin developers who also run into this issue: The final OBS Studio 29.0.0 releases uses the 2023-01-06 obs-deps on Windows, instead of the 2022-11-21 obs-deps that are used in the CI workflow.yml file. Mainly affects Qt6Core, which has a conflicting QObject::setObjectName(...) export.

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
I installed obs 29 beta from flatpak on ubuntu 22.04 on a HP laptop with an AMD 5650U with Renoir graphics. obs does not detect hardware encoding ability. I have attached vainfo and obs verbose output.
This sounds like you encountered an issue with the KDE Runtime. That should be resolved whenever you receive the next update for the KDE 6.4 Runtime. For more details, see this thread.

Major Issue with new Hardware ProRes encoder on Mac and multi-track audio recordings inside Premiere Pro.

Versions 15.0+ of Premiere Pro (upto PP 2023 latest) do not play anything other than the first track when ProRes .mkv recordings are made and remuxed to .mov.

Occasionally the audio will play in Premiere Pro, for around 30s-1min or until Premiere Pro Windows focus is lost.

Version 14.9 and below of Premiere Pro operate fine (but are pretty old now so not worth using due to loss of Dynamic Link integration with other Adobe Apps e.g. After Effects).

There is a major issue here, likely due to .mkv timings being limited to ms i.e. only exact divisions of 1000ms return correct frame numbers e.g. 50fps or 62.5fps (likely why recordings at 60fps show as 62.5fps)

.MOV doesn't have this issue it seems but means Mac Hardware ProRes can't be used in a professional workflow due to risk of file loss if .MOV header fails to be written - crash proof recordings essential, which only MKV ensures

Seems there was a similar issue here with the StreamFX FFMPEG implementation of ProRes, and a video of it happening here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/prem...remiere-pro-15-2-opening/m-p/12029163#M345973
If it worked in Premiere Pro 14.9 and older, and does not work in 15.0 and newer, that sounds like a regression in Premiere Pro. That said, we are still investigating this, and we are also following the conversation at GitHub Issue 8033.

Sorry I wasn't home for a few days... I've since updated to OBS 29 Release, however same issue as beta 3. With latest Intel Arc Driver 31.0.101.4032, Intel QSV AV1 is missing under the Settings>Ouput>Recording tab from OBS 29 Release and Beta 3. Quicksync h.264 is still there though under both Streaming and Recording tabs. If I roll back to a previous Arc driver version (31.0.101.3959) AV1 shows back up in the Recording list. Here is the log from the current new release of OBS 29 running on driver version .4032 from Intel. https://obsproject.com/logs/Sf95Z1OeuGp8M9U1
If you want me to roll back the Intel Driver and send you the log for that since that one does have AV1 show up in the recording tab on both beta 3 and Release versions, I can do that as well if you'd like. Thank you guys for a great release as always! Excellent work.
https://obsproject.com/logs/OzBWwGqNDmV0jU8r - OBS 29 Release
Here is the log on Intel Arc Driver: 31.0.101.3959 where all the options show up. Quicksync H.264/HEVC on both Streaming and Recording tabs along with QS AV1 as well under the recording tab. Forgot to mention on the last post that not only was AV1 gone, but QS HEVC was also gone on both Streaming/Recording tabs as well using Intel Arc Driver: 31.0.101.4032
It's important to note that in one log, you are running OBS on the GTX 1660, while the other you are running on the Arc A380. It would be best to compare two OBS logs that were running on the same GPU. Unfortunately, we aren't currently logging the selected codec, so I can't verify by the log which codec you chose.

For Plugin developers who also run into this issue: The final OBS Studio 29.0.0 releases uses the 2023-01-06 obs-deps on Windows, instead of the 2022-11-21 obs-deps that are used in the CI workflow.yml file. Mainly affects Qt6Core, which has a conflicting QObject::setObjectName(...) export.
Indeed. That was a bit of an oversight caused by me being a bit swamped and not remembering to change CI. We reverted from Qt 6.4.1 back to Qt 6.3.1 due to a debug assert that occurred in Qt 6.4.1. That issue has been reported to Qt, and they have merged a fix for inclusion in Qt 6.4.3 and 6.5.0.

I cannot resize my sources. THere is no X button present, please help

Attachments

• obs.PNG
    obs.PNG
    33.2 KB · Views: 52

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
OBS Studio 29.0.2 was released on February 4, 2023. The Beta and Release Candidate phases ended once OBS Studio 29.0.0 was released back in January. This thread has served its purpose, so I will be locking it now.

If you have an issue with OBS Studio 28, please consider posting in the appropriate OBS Studio Support sub-forum or in our Discord server. If you have a verified bug, you may be asked to file a GitHub Issue, but please attempt to first verify that it is a bug rather than a setup or configuration issue.

Thank you for all the feedback and reports!

Status
Not open for further replies.