OBS Studio 28.0 Release Candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smash-ter

According to my investigation, the OpenVR plugin is not affected by any changes we made, so it should continue to work fine.
Alright that's good to hear. I was honestly concerned as that plugin is relatively old and hasn't been updated in over 2 years.

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
Not a huge issue by any means, I don't stream too much these days anyways, but I was intrigued by the possibility of being able to stream in hdr.
These displays do not have HDR enabled in Windows Settings. Please try enabling HDR for the displays.

Padinn

You need to use an HDR color space such as "Rec. 2100 (PQ)". For any further investigation, we'd need more details on how you're capturing D2. Could you please provide a log file of an OBS session where you captured and recorded it?
What would be the proper settings if we want to game in HDR and stream in SDR?

TimAckroyd_EF

Is it possible to disable the spacing distance helpers?
These are really useful when creating content / layouts - but can be quite distracting whilst streaming.
(I often interact with my sources whilst streaming)

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
Is it possible to disable the spacing distance helpers?
These are really useful when creating content / layouts - but can be quite distracting whilst streaming.
(I often interact with my sources whilst streaming)
Yes. Settings -> General -> Preview -> Show pixel alignment guides. Uncheck it.
1659655510329.png

m00se78

These displays do not have HDR enabled in Windows Settings. Please try enabling HDR for the displays.
Okay, wasn't sure if they needed to be enabled in Windows or not...probably should of tried that before posting here, so I apologize for any inconvenience that may have been caused. Enabled in Windows and looks great! Thanks for the quick replies!

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
What would be the proper settings if we want to game in HDR and stream in SDR?
You shouldn't have to do anything in OBS for this. If you've configured your game and your system to use HDR, and OBS is set to output SDR, any OBS capture plugin should tonemap the HDR to SDR for your OBS outputs, both recording and stream.

Padinn

You shouldn't have to do anything in OBS for this. If you've configured your game and your system to use HDR, and OBS is set to output SDR, any OBS capture plugin should tonemap the HDR to SDR for your OBS outputs, both recording and stream.
Awesome, testing this and its working great. WOOO!!!!

Justarandomguy

So if I use the AMD HW H.264 I don't have to do anything else for everything to work with the new implementation? Is there any custom "flags" I need/should to enter? B-Frames working just like that? Thanks..

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
So if I use the AMD HW H.264 I don't have to do anything else for everything to work with the new implementation? Is there any custom "flags" I need/should to enter? B-Frames working just like that? Thanks..
At the moment, B-frames are disabled by default, and enabling them requires an RDNA2 RDNA1* GPU. To enable B-frames, you must currently specify them in the "AMF/FFmpeg Options" field in the Encoder Settings. For example, to set B-frames to 3, you would use:
Code:
MaxConsecutiveBPictures=3 BPicturesPattern=3

* I've seen sources claim that either an RDNA1 or RDNA2 GPU is required for B-frames. I do not know for sure which is the true minimum. Please feel free to try on either hardware generation and report back on results.

Last edited:

Justarandomguy

At the moment, B-frames are disabled by default, and enabling them requires an RDNA2 GPU. To enable B-frames, you must currently specify them in the "AMF/FFmpeg Options" field in the Encoder Settings. For example, to set B-frames to 3, you would use:
Code:
MaxConsecutiveBPictures=3 BPicturesPattern=3
Awesome, thanks. I currently have a Rx 6800 (non XT) so it should work, I believe? I'm gonna try this right now! Will let you know how it goes.

Justarandomguy

Wow, the improvement is quite impressive. It looks nearly as good as nvenc! Currently running 1440p downscaled to 720p 6000kbps, even without B-frames it still shows a significant uptick compared to the old version. Then you add the B-frames and it looks great, great work for sure! No bugs yet running with Re-bar/sam enabled 5800x.

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
Found a bug in the program. I haven't quite figured out exactly what it depends on yet, but all sources start to freeze for a while when you open them. Although before that, I safely added and there were no problems. Video attached, along with the logs.
It looks like it freezes while trying to save an Image Slideshow Source, and then it crashes after opening the properties for a Browser Source. Does this also happen in OBS Studio 27.2.4, or does this only happen in OBS Studio 28 Beta 1?

AptiX1

It looks like it freezes while trying to save an Image Slideshow Source, and then it crashes after opening the properties for a Browser Source. Does this also happen in OBS Studio 27.2.4, or does this only happen in OBS Studio 28 Beta 1?
The bug has now been fixed by rebooting the computer. But in general, it hung on all the sources I opened.
Another bug I found, it is related to the rotation of the image. If the image is mirrored horizontally, you can not turn it upside down. It does not matter, PNG or WEBP format, just does not let you flip.

Pinossaur

OBS itself doesn't show on the new Application Audio Capture source, making it impossible to capture the audio of twitch alerts. Is thisa lack of attention from my part, expected behavior, or is a bug that will be fixed eventually?

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
OBS itself doesn't show on the new Application Audio Capture source, making it impossible to capture the audio of twitch alerts. Is thisa lack of attention from my part, expected behavior, or is a bug that will be fixed eventually?
I'm pretty sure we exclude OBS from the list of possible capture windows on purpose. If you need to capture audio of browser-based alerts, enable "Control audio via OBS" in the browser source that handles your alerts.

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
The bug has now been fixed by rebooting the computer. But in general, it hung on all the sources I opened.
Another bug I found, it is related to the rotation of the image. If the image is mirrored horizontally, you can not turn it upside down. It does not matter, PNG or WEBP format, just does not let you flip.
I can confirm this on Windows 10, and I will pass it along to the team. Thanks!

Bartyx

Hello guys. Is there a way how to install old Websocket to the new version? I have tried to install it for Avermedia AX310 Nexus, but it does not work anymore.

BigDaddyNL

So basic streamtest to Facebook with Logitech HD Pro webcam C920 and Presonus Studio 24c aufio interface eith all settins as recommended by OBS. Computer: MacMini with M1 and 16 Gb RAM. Streamed some keyboard playing which was, without changing a setting, prefectly in sync.

Status
Not open for further replies.