OBS Studio 27 Release Candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
Disclaimer: This is a test build, not a full release. This build may contain bugs or broken functionality. For production usage, we still recommend using the latest stable build of OBS. If you are willing to test this build, please let us know if you run into any issues.

We have Release Candidate build for OBS Studio v27 available for testing! This will be a major release with lots of new features, including:
  • Undo/Redo (Ctrl+Z to Undo and either Ctrl+Shift+Z or Ctrl+Y to Redo)
  • Source Transitions when hiding/unhiding sources
  • Track Matte transitions, a new type of stinger transition that lets you show parts of both the origin scene and the destination scene at the same time during the transition
  • Improved Display Capture on Windows 10 1903+, which fixes the infamous "black screen" issue on laptops without requiring you to change the GPU that OBS is running on
  • A new "Missing Files" dialog to warn you when some of your sources are missing their underlying files (images, media sources, etc.)
  • Service integrations and browser docks on Mac/Linux
  • Wayland support on Linux
  • Direct integration of NVIDIA Broadcast noise removal on Windows
  • sRGB color format support
  • And much, much more!
Find the the full patch notes and download links for OBS Studio 27 Release Candidate 6 here:
Ubuntu users: You can try the unstable branch with the following commands:
Bash:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:obsproject/obs-studio-unstable
sudo apt install obs-studio
And if you want to remove it:
Bash:
sudo add-apt-repository --remove ppa:obsproject/obs-studio-unstable
sudo apt remove obs-studio

Please give the release a try and let us know here or in the #beta-testing channel on Discord if you have any issues. Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

GeeMack

I've run into an issue while trying 27.0.0-rc1 (64) on Windows 10. After successfully adding a few sources to a scene, when I click the plus "+" to add almost any kind of source, the dialog box comes up but doesn't show any already installed sources. In other words, after a few source adds that work as expected, when trying to add another the "Add Existing" list is empty for most kinds of sources. Once those sources disappear, that empty list will occur when trying to add almost any sources to any group or scene.

I haven't explored the specifics, so I don't know how many sources I can successfully add before the problem arises – if there is a particular number. So far I've only been adding existing sources to groups and scenes; I haven't tried to add new sources. I've hit this snag mostly when trying to add image sources, but it happens when adding other types, too.

Attempting to add an existing "Scene" or "Group" brings up a fully populated list. There is one item in the "Add Existing" list for adding a "Video Capture Device", even though I have several video cap devices installed and working properly.

I can go to the top menu bar and change to another "Scene Collection", then change back to the one I was working on, and the problem goes away. But then after adding a few sources to groups or scenes, the "Add Existing" list will be empty again.

Even though I haven't tested more thoroughly, I thought this might be an issue worth watching if it might affect other people's use of 27.0.0-rc1.

cs9k

Hello! There's a few of us AMD users out there that would like to know if it is easy/possible to add H265 encoders as a selection in the streaming tab, when "Youtube HLS" is selected. Thanks!

Tyr808

• Fixed a bug where DX12 games on Windows would capture game frames out-of-order [jpark37]

Oh wow, the update looks amazing in general, but if this specific bug is the the one I think it is, I'm so happy to see this!

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
Tested the interact button with a browser window. No option to scroll and will not scroll with the mouse will on the mac. Also browser appears to have some transparency affecting it. used google.com as the site and also https://elements.heroku.com/addons and both get some levle of transparency applied to them.
Both of those are expected behaviors, and have been present since long before v27. The browser source has background transparency added by default in the CSS block. If you don't want the background transparency, delete the CSS from the custom CSS block.

dighawaii

Just some user feedback! I'm on Win 64, i9-9900k, rtx 3080, 3070.
I'm getting 6% cpu usage, where I used to get (and need it to remain) 1.2-2%
same scenes and everything.
Also, I tried the integrated NVIDIA noise suppression, and although it seemed to work (sounded almost identical to Speex method), it did not seem to operate like the standalone version, which removes keyboard clicks, and other percussive sounds that are not human voice related.
The cpu usage increase was a factor without NVIDIA noise suppression in my filter chain.

Both of those are expected behaviors, and have been present since long before v27. The browser source has background transparency added by default in the CSS block. If you don't want the background transparency, delete the CSS from the custom CSS block.

Totally a newbie here but did find the result to remove the hidden and adjust the background color to accomodate what I was trying to do. thanks for the feedback

FortuN

Just some user feedback! I'm on Win 64, i9-9900k, rtx 3080, 3070.
I'm getting 6% cpu usage, where I used to get (and need it to remain) 1.2-2%
same scenes and everything.
Also, I tried the integrated NVIDIA noise suppression, and although it seemed to work (sounded almost identical to Speex method), it did not seem to operate like the standalone version, which removes keyboard clicks, and other percussive sounds that are not human voice related.
The cpu usage increase was a factor without NVIDIA noise suppression in my filter chain.

Try to test shutting off different sources and see if there is a problem there. I had a problem were my old "Media source" would eat CPU, so i needed to remove them then add them again to get the "newer" media sources. Seemed to be some backwards compability issues

from1975

When I add transition to source, ie. slide or fade, I can use it only on preview screen, not program - even with hotkeys. How to use it on PGM?

Tested out the chroma key feature and for some reason it is not working the same in OBS 27. Actually worse here. In 26, I can get it to work pretty good, but in 27, it gets super pixelated. OBS 26 then in OBS 27. No change to filters or anything. When I try to blend it gets really pixelated. Using an Iphone for the webcam.
1617821908316.png
1617821943578.png

TAG

Tested out the chroma key feature and for some reason it is not working the same in OBS 27. Actually worse here. In 26, I can get it to work pretty good, but in 27, it gets super pixelated. OBS 26 then in OBS 27. No change to filters or anything. When I try to blend it gets really pixelated. Using an Iphone for the webcam.
View attachment 69769View attachment 69770
Just a little tip for all green screeners out there. The light you have on your face should be a cool temperature (blue) and the light in your room that shines on your green screen should be a warm light (yellow). You will get perfect keying if you go with this set up.

Strykesvideos

When I add a media source with an external link to obs.ninja for the remote screenshare with the gameplay of my buddy, his video is extremly stuttering.
With the actual Version 26 there is no problem with the integration of his video.

Mustex

I was playing with the new version (specifically for the stinger changes), and I noticed that my greenscreen/chroma key is no longer working the same in OBS 27 as it was in OBS 26. I certainly don't have the best (or smoothest) greenscreen, but no matter what settings I used in OBS 27, I could not completely remove the greenscreen (Yeah, it's a wrinkly drop cloth). It's also worth noting that all the combinations that I tried in OBS 27 (Key Color, Similarity, Smoothness) worked absolutely beautifully in OBS 26 (Both Chroma Green [#009933] and Digi Green [#00FF00]).

Bug.
About 1/2 the time on Track matte transitions I’m getting a flash frame of the next scene before the stringer element starts. It’s across the board on all of my track mattes(6 of them)
The other 50% of the time they are excellent!

Status
Not open for further replies.