OBS Studio 26.0 Release Candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
So anyways, I say all this to ask, How do you get the VirtualCam Plugin to output Audio?
Currently not possible, but is something we'll be working on in a future release.
I also prefer it over the new Virtual Camera included in this version, simply because I get 4, and they work in all of tho above programs I mentioned while the Official One only works in 1 (Discord), but if I could get the Plugin to do audio that opens up some more control for producing shows with OBS.
We decided to include only one output as that covers the vast majority of use cases and keeps things much more simple. If you want to continue using the existing plugin, then by all means, please do.

MattTheTechLV

Currently not possible, but is something we'll be working on in a future release.

We decided to include only one output as that covers the vast majority of use cases and keeps things much more simple. If you want to continue using the existing plugin, then by all means, please do.

Appreciate you, and I love the work you guys have been doing 100%.

Also in regards to my most recent post about the bug reports, the 2nd One about resizing the Preview Window, I realized I am just an idiot. I never realized until today that my Output Resolution had to be smaller than my Resolution used in Windows, in order for me to select "Base" for Preview Scaling.

I put my Output back to a lower resolution today just before Going Live, and the option to select Base reappeared, and I could resize my Preview Window.

Is there a way to implement the Preview Window Resizing (so zooming in and out and moving the Preview window without changing the actual resolution of it) when using the same Output Resolution as the OS?

ackali07

Disclaimer: This is a test build, not a full release. This build may contain bugs or broken functionality. For production usage, we still recommend using the latest stable build of OBS. If you are willing to test this build, please let us know if you run into any issues.

The OBS Studio 26.0 Release Candidate is now available for testing! A lot of exciting features and changes are included in this release, and we would love your help in testing them out before this build is release more widely. Some of the highlights include:
  • Native virtual camera (currently Windows-only)
    • One of the most popular OBS plugins in recent days has been the OBS-virtual-camera plugin by Catxfish. Because of the increased demand, we've created our own version of this plugin and included it natively in OBS, with a button on the main interface to start/stop it.
    • Mac and Linux implementations of this plugin are still in development, and will be coming in the following days.
  • Source toolbar
    • We've added a handy new toolbar below the preview to expose many common functions that you may want to have with sources. You can hide this toolbar by unchecking View > Source Toolbar
  • Controles de medios
    • Como ventaja con la barra de herramientas de origen, ahora hay botones de control multimedia disponibles para controlar la reproducción y la posición en fuentes multimedia, fuentes VLC y presentaciones de diapositivas
  • Imágenes
    • Por fin, ahora puede pulsar una tecla de acceso rápido para tomar una captura de pantalla de la vista previa de OBS, fuentes individuales o escenas individuales
  • Nuevo método de supresión de ruido - RNNoise
    • RNNoise es un filtro de eliminación de ruido impulsado por IA de código abierto que supera con creces al filtro de supresión de ruido basado en Speex existente que ya se implementó en OBS. Viene con un pequeño rendimiento en la CPU, pero para muchos usuarios los resultados valdrán la pena.
  • ¡Y mucho, mucho más! Consulte las notas del parche para obtener más detalles
Descargar y notas de parches completas para Release Candidate 2: [URL unfurl-"true"]https://github.com/obsproject/obs-studio/releases/tag/26.0.0-rc2[/URL]

Usuarios de Ubuntu: Puede probar la rama inestable con los siguientes comandos:
[CODE-bash]sudo add-apt-repository ppa:obsproject/obs-studio-unstable
sudo apt install obs-studio[/CODE]
Y si quieres eliminarlo:
[CODE-bash]sudo add-apt-repository --remove ppa:obsproject/obs-studio-unstable
sudo apt remove obs-studio[/CODE]

Por favor, pruebe el lanzamiento y háganoslo saber aquí o en el canal de pruebas de #beta en Discord si tiene algún problema. ¡Gracias por tu ayuda!

Solidizzle

Hi I have previously used the virtual camera plugin and had issues with the resolution in MS Teams. That's why I was keen to test the native version for OBS and it works quite well! Thx for that. My question is: where are the settings for the virtual camera hidden away, since I have inverted image quite often, which was easy to fix in the plugin previously. Sorry this is not so much a bug report but more a report for improving ux maybe :)

ashmanmedia

Been using OBS 26.0rc wondering if its not too late to add functionality within the Facebook Stream service to allow direct or automated sharing of Groups or multiple groups the user belongs to?

Restream is preferred option but they do not allow sharing options.

APDD

Will this overwrite my existing installation of OBS 25 or I can use both in same PC (windows 10)

RichieTee

Will this overwrite my existing installation of OBS 25 or I can use both in same PC (windows 10)
Depends on how you install it, by default it will try to install to the existing OBS Folder, so during installation u can try to change the folder and you'll be fine or you can use portable mode.

TuFFrabit

Initial testing of QSV encoder while OBS is itself running on the Intel iGPU is promising. Previously the QSV encoder was unusable for my use case, now it seems to have enough overhead to actually not drop frames. The game I'm testing with, Hunt Showdown, is very hard on encoders. There's a TON of grass and foliage detail. I need to do more testing to verify.

CPU: i5-8400
Encoding resolution: 1080p
Encoding FPS: 60
Target Usage: quality
Profile: main
Keyframe Interval: 1
Rate Control: LA_ICQ
ICQ Quality: 1
Latency: normal
B Frames: 2

WizardCM

Forum Moderator
Community Helper
What's the latest on the downstream key / pinned scene feature? I was trying to work out its progress on github but wasn't sure the latest. Really hanging out for that feature!
It's currently in the RFC (Request for Comments) stage, as we want to design it properly first.

I am aware of that. I'm running RC2 from the zip file, so even then I'd still have to install the virtual camera using the batch scripts. Which isn't working for me. It stops at failing on the 32bit installation. Since I'm Windows 10 X64, I'm not sure why 32bit would still be needed.
<edit>Why not separate the batch scripts into separate 32bit and 64bit batch files?? I ran the batch script from a Powershell admin prompt and it worked. It's installed now.</edit>
There was a bug with the batch scripts in RC2 where the working directory wasn't set properly (in CMD, fine in PowerShell), please re-test in RC3.
In terms of a 32bit Virtual Camera, this is required because 32bit applications (even on a 64bit system) can only see 32bit camera devices, so to cover as many apps as possible, both have to be installed.

Is 32bit support dropped in this release or just not available for the RC builds?
We simply don't build/release 32bit builds for the Release Candidate. The full release will include a 32bit variant.

RedHenMedia

Important for Mac users. This still won't playback videos (in my case looped video elements) with browser sources on Mac OS (StreamElements to be specific). Any plans to fix this or will this be covered when the new video tools that are on the windows release are implemented on Mac OS beta? If so, do you know when you'll be releasing those new tools because I would LOVE to try them out and get this issue fixed- been waiting for a looong time. Thanks again!

WizardCM

Forum Moderator
Community Helper
Important for Mac users. This still won't playback videos (in my case looped video elements) with browser sources on Mac OS (StreamElements to be specific). Any plans to fix this or will this be covered when the new video tools that are on the windows release are implemented on Mac OS beta? If so, do you know when you'll be releasing those new tools because I would LOVE to try them out and get this issue fixed- been waiting for a looong time. Thanks again!
Not sure what you mean by "new video tools", but we will explicitly call it out when we're able to release a version with a proper fix for browser source media & networking on macOS.

The cause is tied specifically to the browser library we're using, CEF (Chromium Embedded Framework). We currently disable the "new networking" in it on macOS as without this change, more than just media was broken. We're specifically waiting on a reimplementation of an existing feature on CEF's side, which would open the doors for browser source hardware acceleration in the future and fix this bug. We're keeping a close eye on it and will post updates as soon as we know more.

RedHenMedia

Not sure what you mean by "new video tools", but we will explicitly call it out when we're able to release a version with a proper fix for browser source media & networking on macOS.

I was referring to this in the forum post I read, but upon re-reading it doesn't cover browser source media:

Media controls
  • As a bonus with the source toolbar, there are now media control buttons available to control playback and position in media sources, VLC sources, and slideshows

The cause is tied specifically to the browser library we're using, CEF (Chromium Embedded Framework). We currently disable the "new networking" in it on macOS as without this change, more than just media was broken. We're specifically waiting on a reimplementation of an existing feature on CEF's side, which would open the doors for browser source hardware acceleration in the future and fix this bug. We're keeping a close eye on it and will post updates as soon as we know more.

Thank you for a specific answer to this! I've been frustrated by this issue and wasn't sure if it was even known, I'm relieved to hear that it's being tracked and waiting a new CEF reimplementation, and especially that you're keeping a close eye on it and will post updates when you know more. I'll be waiting. Is there a thread I can follow or maybe one can be created so I can be updated about this specific problem when there's news?

Thanks again for your response. I really appreciate it!

Best.

Status
Not open for further replies.