OBS Studio 26.0 Release Candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
RC2 is consistently opening to a white screen, (with some audio from scenes) and an eventual HANG that never ends. have to force quit

rolled back to 25.0.8 and back to normal.
Please include an OBS log:

1. Press WinKey+R to open the Run dialog
2. Paste the following into the box and hit OK: %APPDATA%\obs-studio\lo
3. Find the desired log file (usually the latest) and attach it to your post.

costelpislac

Hi, please reduce the width of media controls bar (the first segment). When a VLC media source is selected this increase the minimum width of the main window. This is not useful. Thanks.

bswishhh

PLEASE! someone help! i am having a huge proplem with obs! When i click on preview full screen it goes either to dark screen with wonky colors or it goes to grey! also the mouse cursor has some knarly trailing behind it. Sometimes i can even color in the whole screen with the trail os the cursor. WHAT DID I DO??? Someone please help! thanks for any advice! i already comletely uninstalled the program and still no change. I am running a dual monitor setup and i am using an elgato HD60s

Attachments

• Screenshot (10).png
    Screenshot (10).png
    572.5 KB · Views: 157
  • Screenshot (9).png
    Screenshot (9).png
    654.6 KB · Views: 149

BloodyIron

Just started using v26 RC2 (Ubuntu 20.04)

I've had to redo all my video backgrounds as the source type has been completely redone, and the existing entries were broken. I'm having to do the same for image overlays as they are also broken.

I notice that now VLC is playlist type only, instead of single videos. I think this is why this didn't get converted. I HIGHLY recommend this transition be better handled as having to redo my work was a pain and others will experience this too.

I don't quite understand just yet why image overlays broke though, and only some of them...

BloodyIron

Yeah I cannot get JPGs or PNGs to work at all in RC2. I have to roll back to actually use what I set up. Oddly enough, animated gifs work. Quite the regression

Ubuntu 20.04

BloodyIron

Okay I can't figure out how to edit or delete my last post. The JPG/PNG issue was caused by an unrelated change on my system. Please disregard that part. But the video thing, I do believe should be explored.

Gol D. Ace

I notice that now VLC is playlist type only, instead of single videos. I think this is why this didn't get converted. I HIGHLY recommend this transition be better handled as having to redo my work was a pain and others will experience this too.
VLC is a playlist style since forever (v24 and probably older).
Are you mixing up the VLC Source and Media Source there?

JonB256

Just tried Virtual Camera out to Facebook Live (because I noticed the Setup option for "OBS Virtual Camera" (v26, rc2)
The video came across well enough but the audio was very low. Am I missing an Audio setup for Virtual Camera output?

JonB256

Just tried Virtual Camera out to Facebook Live (because I noticed the Setup option for "OBS Virtual Camera" (v26, rc2)
The video came across well enough but the audio was very low. Am I missing an Audio setup for Virtual Camera output?
OK, so no audio except coming from my headset (which explains why I heard something)
Also, when using Virtual Camera in YouTube Live, it is horizontally flipped. It was normal in Facebook.
In Zoom, it was also flipped (Mirrored) but I could use Video settings to Mirror it, making it correct.

Last edited:

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
Also, when using Virtual Camera in YouTube Live, it is horizontally flipped. It was normal in Facebook.
Are you sure it was actually flipped for your viewers though, and not just flipped in your own view? Many such programs will flip your own view so you see yourself as if you were looking in a mirror, but your viewers will see you the right way.

JonB256

Are you sure it was actually flipped for your viewers though, and not just flipped in your own view? Many such programs will flip your own view so you see yourself as if you were looking in a mirror, but your viewers will see you the right way.
In YouTube (since deleted), it was flipped for anybody viewing. As I edited above, in Zoom, there is a Mirror setting that makes it correct. Just haven't found similar in YouTube or in OBS 26 rc2.

Looking at YouTube help screens, it supposedly would look normal to viewers. I'll try again using a second computer. Thanks.

MrPistolero

When I try to install the virtual cam via batch script, it constantly fails. I do run the batch file as admin via right click .. Would running RC2 in portable mode prevent virtual camera installation??
<edit>No, it didn't make any difference.</edit>

Zeros.81

When I try to install the virtual cam via batch script, it constantly fails. I do run the batch file as admin via right click .. Would running RC2 in portable mode prevent virtual camera installation??
<edit>No, it didn't make any difference.</edit>

If you use portable mode you have to install OBS Virtual Cam manually.

Go to "data\obs-plugins\win-dshow" and run "virtualcam-install.bat" as Admin

MrPistolero

If you use portable mode you have to install OBS Virtual Cam manually.

Go to "data\obs-plugins\win-dshow" and run "virtualcam-install.bat" as Admin
I am aware of that. I'm running RC2 from the zip file, so even then I'd still have to install the virtual camera using the batch scripts. Which isn't working for me. It stops at failing on the 32bit installation. Since I'm Windows 10 X64, I'm not sure why 32bit would still be needed.
<edit>Why not separate the batch scripts into separate 32bit and 64bit batch files?? I ran the batch script from a Powershell admin prompt and it worked. It's installed now.</edit>

Last edited:

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
Looking at YouTube help screens, it supposedly would look normal to viewers. I'll try again using a second computer. Thanks.
This is the issue we are trying to avoid by not adding a "Flip horizontal" button. People keep looking at the preview and think it needs to be flipped, so they flip it, and then all the viewers see the flipped version instead of the regular version. I have yet to see a service that actually shows viewers the same flipped view that you see in your preview.

MattTheTechLV

It does and it's pretty much essential to replace a webcam in an application expecting one - like zoom. You can use other solutions like virtual audio cables but it's not as neat and also lip sync tends to be a problem.

This is interesting. I have only recently (just before the release of this version) started playing with the VirtualCam Plugin, so I might just be missing something, But I tried for hours to get it to transfer audio (I tested Zoom, Discord, Skype, and Google Duo) and in every scenario there was no virtual Audio sent. I had to rig up my own system through Protools which worked great, but means I have to run another Program side by side and run everything through Pro Tools (which gives me extremely awesome control, like submixes for each output), but would simply be easier to just have VirtualCam Output Audio.

So anyways, I say all this to ask, How do you get the VirtualCam Plugin to output Audio? I also prefer it over the new Virtual Camera included in this version, simply because I get 4, and they work in all of tho above programs I mentioned while the Official One only works in 1 (Discord), but if I could get the Plugin to do audio that opens up some more control for producing shows with OBS.

MattTheTechLV

I am just now updating to RC2, so all of this pertains to RC1, hoping it will still be useful. (I checked the Release Notes for RC2 to see if these issues were addressed, and they were not)

1) I did a lot of testing to see what causes this issue, and I can not figure out what triggers it, but I do know that it is OBS only that it happens with. Seemingly Randomly When Recording with OBS (It does not happen on the Live Stream Feed, even in instances where I am Live Streaming and Recording at the same time, the Live Stream will be just fine, but the recording will not be) the Audio will become unusable due to it having pops and clicks constantly. It sounds like the Sample Rate becomes out of sync, even though all audio sources and OBS are set to 48Khz. I have plenty of examples I can upload if it would be helpful. Restarting OBS usually fixes it. Sometimes its on all OBS Sources, other times its just One of the Sources. This problem did not happen with The Last Stable Release.

2) You can't resize the Preview Window any more. In the last Stable Release I was able to right click and choose to put my "Preview Scaling" in "Output" mode, and then Hold Spacebar and a hand would come up, which would allow me to drag around the Canvas or use The Mouse Wheel to Zoom in or Zoom Out which is really important to me so that I can have room to work outside the canvas for resizing large sources. That entire ability appears to be gone. Now when I right click the Preview Window and go to preview scaling the "Output" option is no longer there, and the 2 options that are there, either "Scaled" or "Canvas" the holding Spacebar trick doesn't work any more, and I can't find another way to resize the Preview. (Of course I can resize the actual Canvas Size, but that effects the Output Size, I just want back the ability to Zoom In/Out the Preview Window, if that makes sense.)

Anyways, Upgrading now, to test this version out, Will note if I notice anything else.

JonB256

This is the issue we are trying to avoid by not adding a "Flip horizontal" button. People keep looking at the preview and think it needs to be flipped, so they flip it, and then all the viewers see the flipped version instead of the regular version. I have yet to see a service that actually shows viewers the same flipped view that you see in your preview.
I have verified that YouTube does show the video in the correct orientation for viewers, so that is good.
I'll just have to ignore the backwards preview window in YouTube studio.
What is really nice about the Virtual Camera in v26 RC2 is there is virtually no Lag like you get when streaming to RTMP

Status
Not open for further replies.