OBS Studio 26.0 Release Candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
We currently only have plans to support a single virtual camera output of the main output at this time.

Deepak Kumar

I tried to update my OBS Studio from version 25 to RC 26 but it just shows white screen for a very long time Obs never worked on version 26

Deepak Kumar

I use lot of Scenes when I am streaming I even try to save by exporting the scenes but when I change the sources in the scenes and save it again it comes back to the previous one, even I save the Profile

Tormy

My set up involves 2 NDI HX PTZs, one BirdDog encoder, and two iPhones. This is the first version of OBS that's been able to keep all 5 cameras steady and in relative sync. Awesome.
I still use the 25.0.8. I use 6 camera: 3 USBs and 3 NDI. Never had issues of stability. I'm afraid it depends by the architecture.
I use W10, on i3 dual core 4GB RAM. If it's stable on this machine, I'm confident it is on an easily much powerful one.

G0MJW

It does and it's pretty much essential to replace a webcam in an application expecting one - like zoom. You can use other solutions like virtual audio cables but it's not as neat and also lip sync tends to be a problem.

rwille

Love the media controls, I've been wishing for those for a while. It would be nice if they could be tied to the current program instead of the next selected source in studio mode.

RichieTee

The cynic in me would think this was deliberate to make you buy the full version of Teams, Skype etc rather than let you use OBS. However in my case the new virtual camera works with zoom but Skype only works with OBS-Camera, not this new version in 26. This is a mute point as there is currently no audio associated with the new virtual camera which rules it out anyway unless you are a practising mime. I am sure it will be providing audio soon. In the meanwhile the excellent plugin still delivers.
The Virtual Cam Plugin doesn't have audio either, hopefully it changes in the future, by the way you can use both the plugin and the default virtual cam, giving you 5 virtual cameras.

Padinn

Not sure if this is OBS 26.0 related, but noticing Marvel's Avengers game is dropping frames unless I lock it to 60Hz. Seems like that old priority bug cropping up in an unusual way (includes Exlusive Full screen and normal mode)

Padinn

Just wanted to say I am seeming to notice more FPS drops in this release. I also was getting them in Flight Simulator, where as I wasn't previously. Not entirely sure if it is the OBS release candidate or the latest Nvidia Hotfix drivers, but it is definitely happening. I had to turn down my ingame FS settings in order to not drop frames, which hasn't happened previously. This is on a 2080ti.

What's the latest on the downstream key / pinned scene feature? I was trying to work out its progress on github but wasn't sure the latest. Really hanging out for that feature!

bdinnocenzo

Starting virtual camera changes the tray icon to include the "red dot" which is the same for starting a recording or streaming session. Unlike the recording or streaming session, the "red dot" does not disappear when you stop the virtual camera.

ashmanmedia

Just decided to upgrade to this I love updated software. Using Restream with many channels only thing I noticed was YouTube audio was all messed up other channels Facebook Twitch etc were just fine?

Note: using 7.1 audio as default audio output at 320kbps. Worked fine precisely on stable version.

If this reports helps.
Ty

G0MJW

The Virtual Cam Plugin doesn't have audio either, hopefully it changes in the future, by the way you can use both the plugin and the default virtual cam, giving you 5 virtual cameras.
Hmm - so where is my virtual source "OBS-Audio" coming from? I assumed it was the virtual camera plugin. When I stop the plugin it disappears. Very strange. I will investigate how something that does not exist appears to exist.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
"OBS-Audio" comes from the Catxfish virtual camera plugin. As I understand it, it never really worked right.

RC2 is consistently opening to a white screen, (with some audio from scenes) and an eventual HANG that never ends. have to force quit

rolled back to 25.0.8 and back to normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.