OBS Studio 26.0 Release Candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
Disclaimer: This is a test build, not a full release. This build may contain bugs or broken functionality. For production usage, we still recommend using the latest stable build of OBS. If you are willing to test this build, please let us know if you run into any issues.

The OBS Studio 26.0 Release Candidate is now available for testing! A lot of exciting features and changes are included in this release, and we would love your help in testing them out before this build is release more widely. Some of the highlights include:
  • Native virtual camera (currently Windows-only)
    • One of the most popular OBS plugins in recent days has been the OBS-virtual-camera plugin by Catxfish. Because of the increased demand, we've created our own version of this plugin and included it natively in OBS, with a button on the main interface to start/stop it.
    • Mac and Linux implementations of this plugin are still in development, and will be coming in the following days.
  • Source toolbar
    • We've added a handy new toolbar below the preview to expose many common functions that you may want to have with sources. You can hide this toolbar by unchecking View > Source Toolbar
  • Media controls
    • As a bonus with the source toolbar, there are now media control buttons available to control playback and position in media sources, VLC sources, and slideshows
  • Screenshots
    • At long last, you can now hit a hotkey to take a screenshot of the OBS preview, individual sources, or individual scenes
  • New noise suppression method - RNNoise
    • RNNoise is an open source AI-powered noise removal filter that far outperforms the existing Speex-based noise suppression filter that was already implemented in OBS. It comes with a small performance hit on CPU, but for many users the results will be worth it.
  • And much, much more! See the patch notes for more details
Download and full patch notes for Release Candidate 3:
Ubuntu users: You can try the unstable branch with the following commands:
Bash:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:obsproject/obs-studio-unstable
sudo apt install obs-studio
And if you want to remove it:
Bash:
sudo add-apt-repository --remove ppa:obsproject/obs-studio-unstable
sudo apt remove obs-studio

Please give the release a try and let us know here or in the #beta-testing channel on Discord if you have any issues. Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

Warchamp7

Forum Admin
When a Color Source is selected, if you open the color selection using the context bar, and hit Cancel, the color source gets set to #000000

MattTheTechLV

When Using the new Custom Folder Naming Feature (Listed in the Bullet Point Below) where you can create Folders by using the "/" with your Naming Variables, and then also using the "Automatic Remux to Mp4" Feature, the Remuxed Recordings Show up in the Root of your Chosen Recording Folder, instead of inside of the same Folder that the Original Recording is placed in. (Hopefully I explained that in a way that makes sense.)

• You can now use slashes in the recording name format and prefix prefixes/suffixes to automatically create directories when recording or making replays [Jim]

marshall409

My set up involves 2 NDI HX PTZs, one BirdDog encoder, and two iPhones. This is the first version of OBS that's been able to keep all 5 cameras steady and in relative sync. Awesome.

bvZed

With a scene containing a local video as media source, start, then pause video in Preview. If video was paused for, say 10 seconds, when scene is transferred video will fast-forward through that 10 seconds before settling down.

Raa7

Submitted a bug. Crashed when Starting Stream. OBS 26 becomes unresponsive. Needed to terminate OBS using Task Manager. Running OBS again then attempts to Start Stream but this time with no crash. Already crashed three times with repeatable behavior. Here's the log file / crash report. Thanks.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
You can auto-start the virtual camera by starting OBS with the --startvirtualcam parameter.

We opted not to add this as a UI option because starting an output disables output settings, and people would be confused as to why they could not change output settings if outputs started when OBS started.

Teddy69

I ran Virtualcam with LDplayer4 and Noxplayer, Cam isn't detected , no result with skype too :)

Tobei

The virtual camera button isn't showing up on my windows 10 build 1803. Is this because the build is too old or some setting / arg to change to enable it?

Teddy69

The virtual camera button isn't showing up on my windows 10 build 1803. Is this because the build is too old or some setting / arg to change to enable it?
Same for me, I tried webcam, from Microsoft store, "cam not detected"

Zeros.81

You can auto-start the virtual camera by starting OBS with the --startvirtualcam parameter.

We opted not to add this as a UI option because starting an output disables output settings, and people would be confused as to why they could not change output settings if outputs started when OBS started.

Thanks, it worked fine :)

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
You have to use the installer to have the camera devices registered on your system. If you use the ZIP file, you'll have to run some commands to register the devices manually.
Same for me, I tried webcam, from Microsoft store, "cam not detected"
I don't believe UWP apps, including things from the MS Store, will detect the camera properly, unfortunately. This also includes Skype.

G0MJW

Disclaimer: This is a test build, not a full release. This build may contain bugs or broken functionality. For production usage, we still recommend using the latest stable build of OBS. If you are willing to test this build, please let us know if you run into any issues.

The OBS Studio 26.0 Release Candidate is now available for testing! A lot of exciting features and changes are included in this release, and we would love your help in testing them out before this build is release more widely. Some of the highlights include:
  • Native virtual camera (currently Windows-only)
    • One of the most popular OBS plugins in recent days has been the OBS-virtual-camera plugin by Catxfish. Because of the increased demand, we've created our own version of this plugin and included it natively in OBS, with a button on the main interface to start/stop it.
    • Mac and Linux implementations of this plugin are still in development, and will be coming in the following days.
  • Source toolbar
    • We've added a handy new toolbar below the preview to expose many common functions that you may want to have with sources. You can hide this toolbar by unchecking View > Source Toolbar
  • Media controls
    • As a bonus with the source toolbar, there are now media control buttons available to control playback and position in media sources, VLC sources, and slideshows
  • Screenshots
    • At long last, you can now hit a hotkey to take a screenshot of the OBS preview, individual sources, or individual scenes
  • New noise suppression method - RNNoise
    • RNNoise is an open source AI-powered noise removal filter that far outperforms the existing Speex-based noise suppression filter that was already implemented in OBS. It comes with a small performance hit on CPU, but for many users the results will be worth it.
  • And much, much more! See the patch notes for more details
Download and full patch notes for Release Candidate 1:
Ubuntu users: You can try the unstable branch with the following commands:
Bash:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:obsproject/obs-studio-unstable
sudo apt install obs-studio
And if you want to remove it:
Bash:
sudo add-apt-repository --remove ppa:obsproject/obs-studio-unstable
sudo apt remove obs-studio

Please give the release a try and let us know here or in the #beta-testing channel on Discord if you have any issues. Thanks for your help!
The virtual camera is good but please tell us what it's called. It took me ages to find out it is called "OBS Virtual Camera" to use in ffmpeg I have still not found out what the corresponding audio device is called, so still using the plugin.

G0MJW

Same for Android emulators ?
The cynic in me would think this was deliberate to make you buy the full version of Teams, Skype etc rather than let you use OBS. However in my case the new virtual camera works with zoom but Skype only works with OBS-Camera, not this new version in 26. This is a mute point as there is currently no audio associated with the new virtual camera which rules it out anyway unless you are a practising mime. I am sure it will be providing audio soon. In the meanwhile the excellent plugin still delivers.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
I have still not found out what the corresponding audio device is called, so still using the plugin.
There is not a virtual audio output device yet. I don't believe the plugin has one either -- at least, from what I understood, it was unfinished.

LevelOneHundred

I tested it. I opened two OBS program at the same time.
I run Start Virtual Camera, it's ok. But I'm dissapointed because unlike the Virtual Camera plugin; version 26 does not support 4 virtual camera.
Hope when you click the Start Virtual Camera in second instance (two OBS program is opened)—it will register as OBS camera 2; if this happen I no longer needed the virtual camera plugin anymore.

facebook.com/LevelOneHundred

Status
Not open for further replies.