OBS Studio 24.0 Release Candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.

WizardCM

Forum Moderator
Community Helper
Version: 64 bit - 24.0.RC3 + 23.2.1 (Windows 10 Home)
A Problem with command-line-command. Not work:
obs64.exe --scene "scene-webcam" or obs64.exe --scene scene-webcam
this ist Display-Name from Program obs64 … program starts with last used scene :(

edit1:
C:\Users\motte\AppData\Roaming\obs-studio\basic\scenes\szenewebcam720p.json
this contains the Name "scene-webcam"

not work:
obs64.exe --scene "szenewebcam720p"
program starts with last used scene

I just tested this myself. You're confusing "Scenes" (scene-webcam) with "Scene Collections" (szenewebcam720p), and on top of that you must always surround the parameter value in quotes.

To switch to a scene (this works in RC5 in my testing)
obs64.exe --scene "Scene 2"

To switch to a scene collection (this works in RC5)
obs64.exe --collection "Test 2"

To switch to a scene and a scene collection (this works in RC5)
obs64.exe --collection "Test 1" --scene "Scene 1"

WizardCM

Forum Moderator
Community Helper

Morgenlicht

I just tested this myself. You're confusing "Scenes" (scene-webcam) with "Scene Collections" (szenewebcam720p), and on top of that you must always surround the parameter value in quotes.

To switch to a scene (this works in RC5 in my testing)
obs64.exe --scene "Scene 2"

To switch to a scene collection (this works in RC5)
obs64.exe --collection "Test 2"

To switch to a scene and a scene collection (this works in RC5)
obs64.exe --collection "Test 1" --scene "Scene 1"
Thanks for test!!!

I thought about the problem during the night and even came to my mistake ....

i have used --scene "text"
3dc_upicardq8kom.gif

i must use --collection "text"
3dc_upvajrk.gif

Zone15

The bug with the webcam color settings is still not fixed for me. I am using a Logitech C922 webcam. In the release build of OBS, I have no issues, in OBS 24.0 RC5 I am having the following issue. When OBS is first started, the webcam looks washed out as if the wrong color range is set. To fix this I can do one of two things, right click on the source and go to properties and change ANY setting, whether it is resolution, FPS, video format, color space, color range, etc. I can also go into the properties and click deactivate and then reactivate again and it will fix the issue. Unfortunately as soon as OBS is restarted the problem is back.

It seems as if when OBS first loads the camera on startup, it is ignoring the fact that I have the color range set to "Partial" and defaulting it to "Full". It doesn't enforce the "Partial" setting until the device is deactivated and reactivated or I got into the source properties and change a setting to cause OBS to recognize the fact that I have my color range set to Partial.

Is this the right spot to report this bug? It was the same bug I reported in RC1 and I really hope it doesn't make it to the final release as it would require me to deactivate and reactivate my webcam every time I opened OBS.

rodney4299

@rodney4299 -- Could you export the scene collection used there, and then also send me the scene collection's other related media files the sources use so I can reproduce that? you can either attach them on here in a reply, you can send it on discord to me directly via PM there if you're on our discord server, you can PM me on here, or if the files are too big, you can just give me links to them somehow or another with like firefox send or something (PM me though). Any one of those work. I prefer discord if the files aren't too big.

@Jim Thanks for looking into this. Here's a link to a zip file with the profile and scene collection and supporting source files. I upgraded to RC5, but the popping on transition is still there: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ALDnOwwefR1Qj4sY3gh82RKXWPt03lrj

rcdrone

The bug with the webcam color settings is still not fixed for me. I am using a Logitech C922 webcam. In the release build of OBS, I have no issues, in OBS 24.0 RC5 I am having the following issue. When OBS is first started, the webcam looks washed out as if the wrong color range is set. To fix this I can do one of two things, right click on the source and go to properties and change ANY setting, whether it is resolution, FPS, video format, color space, color range, etc. I can also go into the properties and click deactivate and then reactivate again and it will fix the issue. Unfortunately as soon as OBS is restarted the problem is back.

It seems as if when OBS first loads the camera on startup, it is ignoring the fact that I have the color range set to "Partial" and defaulting it to "Full". It doesn't enforce the "Partial" setting until the device is deactivated and reactivated or I got into the source properties and change a setting to cause OBS to recognize the fact that I have my color range set to Partial.

Is this the right spot to report this bug? It was the same bug I reported in RC1 and I really hope it doesn't make it to the final release as it would require me to deactivate and reactivate my webcam every time I opened OBS.
I can try to look into this. Can you post a log file? It would also be helpful to know what OS you're on, and the source property settings that you are using (ideally screenshot of properties dialog).

Kane

Not sure what happen to RC versions but using 5 and pause and then unpause freezes it up. 100% repeatable each time. Going go back to old build.

EDIT: This been fixed from github logs. Shortcut causes it to freeze direct button does not. I will use the latest dev build for now as I rely on the shortcut.

Last edited:

rcdrone

I appreciate that, if I knew anything about coding or how to compile that into a build I would test it but that is way over my head.
Was able to reproduce the original bug with my webcam, and it looks like my fix works, so hopefully the problem will go away for you on the next release.

Zone15

Was able to reproduce the original bug with my webcam, and it looks like my fix works, so hopefully the problem will go away for you on the next release.
That's awesome, I appreciate it. Hopefully the next RC will be out soon as I am really excited to use some of the new features.

WizardCM

Forum Moderator
Community Helper
Add sorting to audio mixer?
The Mixer is currently sorted alphabetically. You can rename sources to sort them for now. Sorting by drag-and-drop is planned, but nobody has had a chance to work on it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.