Question / Help OBS Streaming from 144Hz Single PC

Money-T4GN

Hey Folks,

I own a 144Hz Gaming Monitor and would like to stream Games from one PC. I am trying to use OBS but I'm experiencing Render Lags/Stalls. How can this be eliminated ?

My system has Ryzen 7 2700X and Nvidia RTX 2080 with 16GB DDR4 RAM.

I'm attaching OBS Logs for you to see my settings.
My system is set with VSync on Adaptive.

Attachments

• Log.txt
    12.8 KB · Views: 747

DEDRICK

Code:
14:00:46.695:     fps:               144/1

1. Not recording @ 144 FPS to start, drop it to 60

2. Double checking Game Mode ...is off (signature)

3. Not running Display Capture and Game Capture in the same scene, this causes input lag. (Won't help for Rendering lag)

4. And finally capping your FPS in game if needed to reduce GPU usage.

Last edited:

Money-T4GN

Code:
14:00:46.695:     fps:               144/1

1. Not recording @ 144 FPS to start, drop it to 60

2. Double checking Game Mode ...is off (signature)

3. Not running Display Capture and Game Capture in the same scene, this causes input lag. (Won't help for Rendering lag)

4. And finally capping your FPS in game if needed to reduce GPU usage.
---------------

What ??? I didn't understand....

Money-T4GN

Hey Guys,

So I set my Common FPS Value to 60 and changed my encoder from x264 to NVENC with Low Latency High Quality preset and High Profile. I also read somewhere that disabling the Preview also helps so I have disabled Preview too.

I ran Apex legends and I am still getting around 30% of Render Lags/Stalls. Here is the recent Log.

Attachments

• Log 15th Feb.txt
    10.7 KB · Views: 465

Money-T4GN

Dedrick thanks for solving my problem... I didn't realize that Game Mode was ON...... My bad folks... Thanks everyone

captcrunchbarry

I am having this same issue after just switching to a 144hz monitor. My stream was fine and now its unwatchable. I have turned windows 10 game mode off. The only solution I could find is switching my monitor to 60hz or running my game in windowed mode, neither of which i really want to do.

KnexRules

I am having this same issue after just switching to a 144hz monitor. My stream was fine and now its unwatchable. I have turned windows 10 game mode off. The only solution I could find is switching my monitor to 60hz or running my game in windowed mode, neither of which i really want to do.
I have the exact same issue. The stream is super choppy unless I change my monitor refresh rate down to 60 from 144. And of course I don't want to do that. I sadly don't have a separate streaming pc, but I still don't think that should be causing me issues. The game runs fine at 144hz, I just can't stream with it like that. With or without v-sync it doesn't matter. Game bar is disabled. I'm not quite sure what else to do.

Baltho82

Hey Folks,

I own a 144Hz Gaming Monitor and would like to stream Games from one PC. I am trying to use OBS but I'm experiencing Render Lags/Stalls. How can this be eliminated ?

My system has Ryzen 7 2700X and Nvidia RTX 2080 with 16GB DDR4 RAM.

I'm attaching OBS Logs for you to see my settings.
My system is set with VSync on Adaptive.
Everyday I read what ppl said about this issue till now they got no solution for 144hz single pc streaming I have a 144hz too no matter what I do is not fix this problem the only one solution is to keep everything at 60 you will be fine if you really want to play with your 144hz go with dual pc

amu

I think i just fixed my problem... Did some stream testing the changes and everything works fine. I tried this:
1.- Disable Freesync
2.- In obs disable the option Enable Preview

also you can lower your in-game graphic settings

Baghoulthered

Hi guys. I had to create an account to make a reply. Thanks Amu! I turned off Game mode and Free Sync on the 144 HZ monitor and now the refresh rate is good again.

Baghoulthered

Also, I started again and I realized that minimizing the stuff going on on your secondary monitor (60 HZ monitor for me) helps. It defeats the purpose of having a second monitor I know but that's whats helping me right now.

Enrag3d

So there’s two ways you can do this. My current build is pretty beastly with NVlink 2080ti - i9 9900ks and still love my 2k 144hz monitor.

Use display mode if you want to capture your higher frame rates in game. What I mean by that is you can play at 144hz on your main monitor and eliminates your lag / stutter into your preview and stream. and I currently run Slobs but it’s basically the same program which we all know. Game capture cannot render my higher fps into the stream no clue why. Stutters and lags but still looks clear when standing still or slight movements. When I only use display capture I can play Division 2 full ultra graphics 100fps and my 1600x900 60fps looks great and smooth.

I run New Nvenc / 6000 bitrate / high profile / 0 interval and 0 for B-frames. I know a lot of people have said 2 or 1 but I find on fast pace games 0 works the best for me ( Division 2 , Wolfenstein, PUBG, etc..)

Even though I run most games NVlink we all know these programs don’t support it for streaming but I still get the boost in games. Even Red dead redemption 2 vulkan I play ultra and get 100 FPS or more with SLI working with a flawless stream at 60fps

Enrag3d

The other way was to just cap in game FPS to 60. Keep your basic settings 144hz which it reads but in most games you can chose 60fps limit and it works well with game capture

deFrisselle

You can only stream at 30 or 60 FPS, cap you game FPS to multiples of that Streaming at 60 then cap at 60 or 120
Game mode off, run OBS as Admin Check your CPU utilization Even hardware encoding needs a little of the card's resources so make sure the game isn't maxing it out Play without OBS running and check, adjust game setting so utilization is no more than 90%

Enrag3d

You can only stream at 30 or 60 FPS, cap you game FPS to multiples of that Streaming at 60 then cap at 60 or 120
Game mode off, run OBS as Admin Check your CPU utilization Even hardware encoding needs a little of the card's resources so make sure the game isn't maxing it out Play without OBS running and check, adjust game setting so utilization is no more than 90%
He knows that. He’s trying to play main monitor at a higher hz like I explained above while stream outputs 60hz. Your spouting the same garbage everyone else is. Use display capture and not game capture. You get a FPS drop but let’s u play ur main monitor refresh rate and still stream at 60.

lebucherontv

hello everyone i have acquired an elgato 4k mk2 i am in dual pc one with a 2700x ryzen and 16gigas ram is a 2070 with a screen 144hz 1080p is the pc gmaing a r 7 3700x with 16giga ram and a 2080super oc un 144hz 1440p screen when I merge met screen everything goes well puts my rendering back on obs is really not fluid no loss of fps on the pc gaming yet I block the fps on obs at 59.94fps is pc gaming gaming screen at 144hz met regalge are nvenc bitrate 5844 is in max qualifier is main profile