Question / Help OBS sound has an occasional clicking noise

Captain Dog

This is a weird one - since upgrading to ver 25.0.1 I am getting a clicking noise kind of sound in the background when I have OBS Studio running. It disappears when I shut OBS down - I don't need to do anything just open OBS and this noise starts every so often in the background. Done all the usual checks on up to date drivers and such - not can't see anything obvious that is causing the problem. Any ideas anyone what might be the problem?

FerretBomb

Post a logfile from a live streaming or recording session at least 30 seconds in length.

I had an audio issue when I upgraded, where my audio sampling rate was mis-set for some reason... the Settings window indicated 48kHz, my OS recording device was set to 48kHz, but the log showed OBS as initializing everything at 44.1kHz. Sample rate mismatch can cause a clicking/popping in some cases, which could be audible if you are monitoring any audio sources.
The fix for my issue was to set the OBS sample rate to 44.1, restart, set it to 48, restart, and it was corrected. We'll need to see your logfile to tell if that might be the case though.

Captain Dog

here is the log file - as I said it isn't a regular click just can be heard throughout the stream or recording from time to time - it only happens in OBS for some reason - my audio editing program and my video editing program is fine as is other live stream programs I use - just OBS which is frustrating as I like using it.

Attachments

• 2020-03-24 21-45-03.txt
    38.8 KB · Views: 547

rockbottom

How about this, it just might be the source of the clicking. Can you adjust the audio output from that camera so it's 16/48?

21:50:57.740: WASAPI: Device 'Microphone (B910 HD Webcam)' [16000 Hz] initialized

Captain Dog

I don't use the sound from the webcam - I have a small mixer where I mix my microphone and any computer sound from the onboard sound chip and route them through the mixer and out from the mixer to my soundblaster card. The system worked fine in the past and it has no problems with all my other software just OBS when open causes this click in the background. Close OBS and it goes - it's not a bad click more annoying

pcann89

I am also having this issue. After upgrading I am now getting popping and clicking similar to a vinyl record. I am using my iPhone as a camera through the Camera for OBS iOS app. My audio is coming through USB from an Allen and Heath Qu16. Previously I had pristine audio quality, this has been a bummer.

Skip Eye

I experienced this today as well. Did not notice during my testing but sure enough showed up at the gig. Qu-sb into OBS on 2015 MacBook Pro running Catalina, streaming to Facebook. Recurring clicks/noise only audible on the stream. Just saw another post about perhaps needing asio plug-in but not sure if that relates to this problem.

Skip Eye

There is discussion on Allen&Heath forum about this. Update to latest QU firmware may help. I saw the problem on one qu-sb unit at work but could not reproduce the problem on a second unit at home. The second unit has latest firmware, and now I need to check the first unit and likely update the firmware.

ryosh

Thanks Skip! Updating the firmware totally resolved the issue for me.

I had v1.93 on my Qu16 and updated to v1.95 and now, no clicking/ticking noise in OBS!! Wooo!

Jaison James

Hi Ry
That worked for me too.....

I had v1.93 on my Qu16 and updated to v1.95 and now, no clicking/ticking noise in OBS!! Wooo!
[/QUOTE]

Flick H

The fix for my issue was to set the OBS sample rate to 44.1, restart, set it to 48, restart, and it was corrected.
Hey this seems to have solved my issue! I had a video that was popping and clicking. I saw that it was set at 44KHz, so I converted it in Compressor to 48. Then I set OBS to 44 and restart, back to 48 and restart. No more clicking!