Question / Help OBS software memory management

Piou62

Hello,

I installed obs on a VM linux debian 7 (Wheezy) on Vmware.
We film a couple of falcons 24 hours a day on Youtube in 720P
Little by little the 8 GB of RAM on my PC is filling up without OBS releasing it. As a result, OBS eventually stopped broadcasting the live show because it arrived in memory saturation.

Does it have a setting to be made on OBS in order to free up the memory and avoid this saturation.

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

PS: If you would like to see falcons ;)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6FkhEnkTEjybVkyGlEnutw

Tuna

That normally shouldn't happen. If there is a memory leak then the used sources are are of interest. So perhaps one of them is leaking memory. However if you use just regular sources this probably would have been discovered quickly..

It could also be your VM's graphics driver leaking memory. It really ends up in whether you can track down that is causing the memory to go up (at what speed btw?)

Piou62

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.
I am monitoring the evolution of RAM since the last restart of the workstation and launch of the stream. I am currently at 15 hours of live and the memory is at 2.5G out of 8. Which is correct.

I take some screenshots from time to time to see the evolution of the memory. This may help to find a solution.

For your information, this workstation is dedicated exclusively for OBS.

Piou62

Hello,

After analysis of the processes, it's an incident of leak memory of my linux workstation. You can see this on the screenshot. RAM is used by Xorg. I will do the test on another computer.

OBS.png