Question / Help OBS Settings for CSGO [720p/60FPS]

Jonas Hollweck

Hi!

would you please help me with my OBS Settings?

First of all my Setup:
intel i7 8700k - not overclocked
ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti AMP! Extreme - not overclocked
16 GB RAM @ 3200 Mhz

What i want to play: Counter Strike: Global Offensive

I know that this game uses much CPU Power. And if i stream with the following settings at 720p/60FPS my game is a bit laggy and the stream doesn't look that good.
Could you give me some tips with the settings? I think with that hardware it should be no problem to stream this game at 60FPS.
Btw. my Upload is about 9 Mbit/s.

2018-08-26 23_56_02-Settings.png
2018-08-26 23_56_30-OBS Studio 21.1.0 (64bit, windows) - Profile_ Untitled - Scenes_ Unbenannt.png
2018-08-26 23_56_42-OBS Studio 21.1.0 (64bit, windows) - Profile_ Untitled - Scenes_ Unbenannt.png

Elixerin

Hi!

First of all my Setup:
16 GB RAM @ 3200 Mhz

I know that this game uses much CPU Power. And if i stream with the following settings at 720p/60FPS my game is a bit laggy and the stream doesn't look that good.
Could you give me some tips with the settings? I think with that hardware it should be no problem to stream this game at 60FPS.

View attachment 38939View attachment 38940View attachment 38941
hmm, this is a tough one. As i believe that cpu should knock that game out of the water especially at 720p/60 at faster preset, the only thing i can think of is to cap your frame rate in game to your monitor’s refresh rate just because i believe the game is well threaded enough to push out way more frames than you are actually seeing, eg. anything past your monitors refresh rate

MCBYT

Hi!

First of all my Setup:
16 GB RAM @ 3200 Mhz

View attachment 38939View attachment 38940View attachment 38941
It's 100% your CPU Usage Preset. Change it from faster to veryfast, superfast, or ultrafast. I use the fastest preset, ultrafast, and it still looks great. I'd suggest superfast for you.

Elixerin

It's 100% your CPU Usage Preset. Change it from faster to veryfast, superfast, or ultrafast. I use the fastest preset, ultrafast, and it still looks great. I'd suggest superfast for you.
im unfamiliar with how much power csgo uses, but if im correct im sure he only went to a "slower" preset to eliminate pixelation and static boxes' so to speak at his current bitrate. faster shouldnt be a problem nonetheless with that cpu though, if u REALLY wanna use this preset i would recommend capping other settings in game such as FPS (usually to your monitors refresh rate), however if he is saying that the FASTEST preset still looks good i would definitely use that(at a higher bitrate than usual ofcourse) preset at it is much much less demanding and will actually save your cpu many cycles.

Jonas Hollweck

Hmmm but I see many Streamers with 300 FPS+ on CSGO while streaming. And they dont have an extra Streaming PC. I'll try it with the veryfast/superfast settings. Maybe it looks fine aswell.

im unfamiliar with how much power csgo uses, but if im correct im sure he only went to a "slower" preset to eliminate pixelation and static boxes' so to speak at his current bitrate. faster shouldnt be a problem nonetheless with that cpu though, if u REALLY wanna use this preset i would recommend capping other settings in game such as FPS (usually to your monitors refresh rate), however if he is saying that the FASTEST preset still looks good i would definitely use that(at a higher bitrate than usual ofcourse) preset at it is much much less demanding and will actually save your cpu many cycles.
Isn't the limit of Twitch Streams 6000 Bitrate? I'm not a Twitch Partner.

Elixerin

Hmmm but I see many Streamers with 300 FPS+ on CSGO while streaming. And they dont have an extra Streaming PC. I'll try it with the veryfast/superfast settings. Maybe it looks fine aswell.

Isn't the limit of Twitch Streams 6000 Bitrate? I'm not a Twitch Partner.
yes, that is correct. However you can stretch an extra 500-1000 bitrate if its really needed nonetheless, veryfast 6000 is more than enough for 720p60 and your CPU should be able to crush it (even without cap), if the performance isnt favorable opt for superfast 6500 bitrate and if you would, share some video examples so i can elaborate more.

Jonas Hollweck

Finally I found the issue. I had the power saving mode on balanced and that's why my computer couldn't use the full performance. Really dumb mistake. Normaly I change this at the beginning of the Windows Installation. Anyway, thank's for you help!

Elixerin

Finally I found the issue. I had the power saving mode on balanced and that's why my computer couldn't use the full performance. Really dumb mistake. Normaly I change this at the beginning of the Windows Installation. Anyway, thank's for you help!
Good to hear! happy gaming