OBS Scene Transitions - NodeCG

All Versions OBS Scene Transitions - NodeCG

VooDoo

VooDoo submitted a new resource:

OBS1 Scene Transitions - NodeCG - Working Scene Transitions w/ NodeCG

I've been looking to really up the production quality of my stream in general as of late, and one of the things that has really caught my attention has been the use of the CLRbrowser and HTML5 functions.

NodeCG is probably the best option for better animations and visuals on your stream, however not many people know about it and the ones that do are pretty much charging a fortune for it....

Read more about this resource...

Osiris

FYI, you cannot use the CLR Browser on OBS multiplatform. It is specific to OBS classic.
It's just BrowserSource on multiplatform.

KnoxVegas

Can this be installed on windows? Not sure how I could do this or if its even possible. Looks like its only for like mac and Linux?

KnoxVegas

Got ya, I have never used this stuff before so this is all new to me just trying to get everything installed to try to put this to use.

I had a quick question about this Guide and OBS MP. as far as I can see it won't work because there isn't a Remote plugin for OBS-MP. Am I missing something because I have it all setup but the transition dashboard just tells me it can't connect to OBS.

ClassyViking

This is a great idea! I just learned about NodeCG and am loving what it is capable of simplifying. I'm curious though, does this support any video types that have transparency? If not, how do you use it for transitions properly? Right now I'm using QuickTime format with Alpha channel + OBS Video Plugin, which works but requires reloading of the layer manually and then switching scenes.

I'd love to use this bundle, but just don't think you can do transparency with html5 video right?

deetari

This is a great idea! I just learned about NodeCG and am loving what it is capable of simplifying. I'm curious though, does this support any video types that have transparency? If not, how do you use it for transitions properly? Right now I'm using QuickTime format with Alpha channel + OBS Video Plugin, which works but requires reloading of the layer manually and then switching scenes.

I'd love to use this bundle, but just don't think you can do transparency with html5 video right?

Have you checked if the CLR browser supports webm transparency? I suspect it may. You can try loading Google's linked demo website in OBS: http://simpl.info/videoalpha/

VooDoo

webm w/ transparency works just fine

brianfarts

can you go into more detail on how to set this up in obs-mp?
I have everything installed but obviously the dashboard won't connect to obs without the remote plugin

doman18

I give up. Installed node.js 4.3.1 (64bit), installed git (64bit) with path entries, installed obs remote (but dont have preview as i stream to youtube , not twitch), installed nodecg 7.3 but saw that there were some problems with 0.7 and OBS remote so downgraded to 0.6.0. Nodecg-transitions throws ...

Your environment has been set up for using Node.js 4.3.1 (x64) and npm.

C:\Users\Dominik>cd nodecg

C:\Users\Dominik\nodecg>node index.js
info: [nodecg/lib/server] Starting NodeCG 0.6.0 (Running on Node.js v4.3.1)
warn: [nodecg/lib/server] A new update is available for NodeCG: 0.7.4 (current:
0.6.0)
info: [nodecg/lib/server/extensions] Mounted nodecg-transition extension
info: [nodecg/lib/server] NodeCG running on http://localhost:9090
info: [nodecg-transition] Connected to OBS
UNCAUGHT EXCEPTION! NodeCG will now exit.
TypeError: this._authHash is not a function
at OBSRemote.authenticate (C:\Users\Dominik\nodecg\node_modules\obs-remote\d
ist\obs-remote.js:168:14)
at C:\Users\Dominik\nodecg\bundles\nodecg-transition\index.js:75:9
at cb (C:\Users\Dominik\nodecg\node_modules\obs-remote\dist\obs-remote.js:23
2:13)
at OBSRemote._messageReceived (C:\Users\Dominik\nodecg\node_modules\obs-remo
te\dist\obs-remote.js:593:13)
at WebSocket._socket.onmessage (C:\Users\Dominik\nodecg\node_modules\obs-rem
ote\dist\obs-remote.js:157:18)
at WebSocket.onMessage (C:\Users\Dominik\nodecg\node_modules\obs-remote\node
_modules\ws\lib\WebSocket.js:418:14)
at emitTwo (events.js:87:13)
at WebSocket.emit (events.js:172:7)
at Receiver.ontext (C:\Users\Dominik\nodecg\node_modules\obs-remote\node_mod
ules\ws\lib\WebSocket.js:816:10)
at C:\Users\Dominik\nodecg\node_modules\obs-remote\node_modules\ws\lib\Recei
ver.js:477:18

C:\Users\Dominik\nodecg>

and when i delete it from bundles directory then it shows blank dashboard with logo and nothing else (no switches, buttons etc.)

Should i switch to 32bit version of node.js and git or what?

//EDIT
I come to conclusion that nodecg-transitions are strictly bounded with Twitch. Thats why i couldnt run them.

Last edited: