OBS Repeated Crashing at seemingly random times

Silver0002

Hey guys, I've been having an issue with OBS on my Stream PC since I put it together. Basically, completely at random, OBS Studio seems to crash with a Breakpoint Exception 80000003 error.

Sometimes it is fine, and I've streamed for 6 hours without any issue, and other times it happens as soon as a few minutes pass or even as soon as I start streaming. It has been maddening to try and figure out what is happening on this device, so I'm really hoping you guys can help. I've tried to ask around on the discord for assistance, but I've not had any luck.

OBSError2.PNG

I've included the crash log and the log for the most recent one, which ended up with me having to end my stream early.

Attachments

• Crash 2021-07-30 09-42-16.txt
    116.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 2021-07-30 09-42-01.txt
    23.8 KB · Views: 18

Silver0002

Another application in the background is affecting OBS. Try checking our list of Conflicts.

Thank you for the response.

I've checked over the list, and aside from discord, the PC has none of those programs installed.

Furthermore, the only items that have overlays are Discord and NZXT's CAM, of all things, but neither have their overlays active nor is there anything to point them at; This is on a freshly built, Windows 10 Pro Stream PC that only runs OBS, Stream Labels, and Voicemeter Potato when streaming. I even have the antivirus turned off, and exceptions allowed.

The Stream PC just pulls the image from the Elgato 4k60 and sends the scene to twitch.

A list of active programs during the last crash would have been:
OBS
Streamlabels
Voicemeter Potato x64
Discord
NZXT's CAM
Logitech Ghub

That's all of the foreground processes. For the record, I've had the crash occur in various configurations of these programs: For instance, with Discord and CAM terminated. The only constants would be OBS and Voicemeter Potato, the latter because I use VBAN to send my audio over my network into different channels.

Can you think of anything that might be interfering based on that information?

Silver0002

Per someone on discord requesting a fresh reinstall, I've since set my Elgato Video Capture to the recommended settings, as well as closed all unnecessary foreground programs: Discord, CAM, and Ghub were all terminated. Only OBS, Streamlabels, and Voicemeter were running.

I left OBS open on one of my scenes, not streaming, and the breakpoint exception eventually occurred once again.

WizardCM

Forum Moderator
Community Helper
Hmm, alright. Looking at the list of installed plugins, the only one that isn't built into OBS (but is installed) is the one that's installed automatically from Logitech G HUB. You can try deleting that from

C:\Program Files\obs-studio\obs-plugins\64bit\logi_obs_plugin_x64.dll