Bug Report OBS repeatable Blue Screen of Death Stop with Preview...

ITPalg

Voxletum said:
Can you provide me with a DxDiag dump for your system? (start > run > dxdiag > "Save All Information...")

This could be an issue with your audio driver or some sort of connected device. It could also be due to your graphics driver:

Technical info:
This error has been linked to excessive paged pool usage and may occur due to user-mode graphics drivers crossing over and passing bad data to the kernel code.

There you go.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    34.9 KB · Views: 113

Voxletum

I would reinstall the audio drivers for your onboard sound as well as the ones for your sound card. While this issue may be indirectly caused by OBS, it's not an OBS bug. There is something going on with your system configuration. I actually believe this is very likely to be an issue with the current nvidia drivers for some systems. We've been getting reports of other crashes as well, but not blue screens I don't think.

ITPalg

Voxletum said:
I would reinstall the audio drivers for your onboard sound as well as the ones for your sound card. While this issue may be indirectly caused by OBS, it's not an OBS bug. There is something going on with your system configuration. I actually believe this is very likely to be an issue with the current nvidia drivers for some systems. We've been getting reports of other crashes as well, but not blue screens I don't think.

I don't use onboard sound. It is also disabled anyway.

ITPalg

eh...maybe someone can do the work for me and I just post the dump file.

Maybe I should try the audio the other way around:

disable the Creative XFI, and use onboard.

Voxletum

ITPalg said:

The driver that seems to be involved with this crash is related to sound, but if the crash is from some other source when bad data was passed to the kernel, the initialization of the audio could trigger the bluescreen at that module even though its not a problem with it. You could try using an older nvidia driver such as http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/55121

It's really hard to tell

ITPalg

Voxletum said:
ITPalg said:

The driver that seems to be involved with this crash is related to sound, but if the crash is from some other source when bad data was passed to the kernel, the initialization of the audio could trigger the bluescreen at that module even though its not a problem with it. You could try using an older nvidia driver such as http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/55121

It's really hard to tell

You keep talking about Nvidia but the only Nvidia product I have is my video card.

ITPalg

Voxletum said:
Yes that particular stop code can be caused by excessive memory usage of the nvidia driver.

Odd that it would even do it on a fresh reboot with nothing else loaded.

ITPalg

I just disabled the Creative and reinstalled the Realtek drivers. No crash.

Searching Vanguard forums I find some threads about Creative (X-FI) not having good drivers or at least the reputation of it and crashing with Vanguard (maybe other apps/games?).

The only problem is now the only game option I have is generic software. I put a post there for that.

btw...I found another post someone talking about "OpenAL" so I looked it up, found a download last updated 2009, and this webpage:

http://connect.creativelabs.com/alchemy/default.aspx

Voxletum

ITPalg said:
The only problem is now the only game option I have is generic software. I put a post there for that.
What do you mean by the only game option is generic software? Do you mean that: in game, the only audio option is generic software render?

Apart from this, yes, it did seem like the audio driver was the cause. Glad to be of assistance. This isn't something we really have any control over. It would need to be fixed by either Creative or whoever makes Vanguard.

Did you have the latest drivers from creative? They might have fixed it already if you weren't running them.

ITPalg

The game selection only has "Generic Software" to select now with the RealTek audio enabled.

I always have the latest drivers.

I used the AL installer so will see what that does.

ITPalg

Resurrecting this as I have tried to use the card again while disabling the onboard RealTek.

I want to have the EAX available on certain games (EQ II, Thief Gold for the future December fan-made texture patch release, Vanguard still, etc).

Even just clicking Preview while having only my AFK scene that only has an AFK image up causes BSOD.

I found Nirsoft's BlueScreenViewer and so here is where you can see the last 3 crashes on Google Drive. The most recent one with termdd.sys is when I only had the AFK scene selected when I clicked Preview. Hopefully this helps more.

I can run Vanguard without OBS just fine, but the moment I Preview or Start I get BSOD.

Xphome

ITPalg said:
Resurrecting this as I have tried to use the card again while disabling the onboard RealTek.

I want to have the EAX available on certain games (EQ II, Thief Gold for the future December fan-made texture patch release, Vanguard still, etc).

Even just clicking Preview while having only my AFK scene that only has an AFK image up causes BSOD.

I found Nirsoft's BlueScreenViewer and so here is where you can see the last 3 crashes on Google Drive. The most recent one with termdd.sys is when I only had the AFK scene selected when I clicked Preview. Hopefully this helps more.

I can run Vanguard without OBS just fine, but the moment I Preview or Start I get BSOD.
That file only contains a "<".

ITPalg

Output to webpage doesn't work the View list and saving the page. You have to save and then select what format.

Unfortunately another upload of the fixed page shows the htm code and not a webpage so here is a text file.