OBS redux

GuardianX

Long time?

From a cursory glance he said he was redesigning the project (maybe not entirely) from the ground up. That isn't a "I'll see you all in a month" thing usually.

MrBluePlaydoh

GuardianX said:
Long time?

From a cursory glance he said he was redesigning the project (maybe not entirely) from the ground up. That isn't a "I'll see you all in a month" thing usually.

If you read what i said i said "Any more news" i dont expect it to be out within a month!

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
If you look at the GitHub repository you'll see that he has been actively working on it daily. If you want to know the status of the project, just read the commit messages as they come in.

As for status update on the four items he mentioned on the first page of the thread, he has finished the OpenGL module and is currently working on the audio subsystem.

MrBluePlaydoh

dodgepong said:
If you look at the GitHub repository you'll see that he has been actively working on it daily. If you want to know the status of the project, just read the commit messages as they come in.

As for status update on the four items he mentioned on the first page of the thread, he has finished the OpenGL module and is currently working on the audio subsystem.

Perfect thanks.

Just got a Mac and am surprised there are no free, full-featured streaming solutions on OS X, even a poorly performing one, so I'm following your progress with much interest. Thanks for all your hard work! If there's a way to donate, I will!

UberDragon

Pretty impressive.

Only few developers would actually take such a step at this point. This sounds pretty exciting, considering that the current OBS is already much better than most other streaming applications, and probably the best free one.

Reading that the OpenGL stuff is done is getting me excited seeing as Jim said that would be the hardest part to get out of the way :DDDDDDDDDD

bifuteki

If you need a tester for MAC i am here for you guys. I am currently working with some other people with testing mac streaming apps.

kyuser101

Awesome! This looks great! I noticed a commit with the message "finish up most of the source audio stuff". Does this mean the audio subsystem Jim mentioned is finished? If so, does that mean we should see some kind of release soon? Just asking because OBS is the only reason I'm still on Windows! :) Linux has compatibility with all of the games I really play, so this is the missing piece!

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
I'm not sure how "finished"-finished it is, but I do know that Jim has started initial work on UI design. No promises on release dates.

benklett

Nice:
yY4FU7N.png

Mania

I think it is a sign from a higher power that my xSplit membership just ran out today. I'm not renewing it. I only used it because it supported the HDPVR, but hopefully Jim has worked his magic once again!

Weegee

Hey there,

although I'm not really good at it I've created a small PKGBUILD for all Arch Linux users who want to test the new OBS git builds, you can find it on GitHub. I wasn't really sure about the dependencies, so I just added wxgtk and ffmpeg as a start.

Now let's see how OBS on Linux develops ... :)