Question / Help OBS recordings are ridiculously choppy

LordViettner

Hello, I have been having an issue with both OBS and SLOBS where my first recording after downloading the software will be fine, but any recording after that is experiencing anywhere from 16%-100% frame drop....
My computer has been more than capable of recording 1080p 60fps before. I have less than 5% CPU usage, have capped my ingame framerate at 60fps, I only have the game and OBS running, I've edited my settings to go to a lower resolution, and I feel like I have tried everything I could find online or in other, older forums.
Does anyone know why this is occurring or have a fix?

Thanks!

FerretBomb

Please post a logfile from a live recording session at least 30 seconds in length while the issue is occurring, as it requests when opening a new thread in the Support forum. There is a pinned thread at the top of the forum with instructions on how to do so; we'll be able to troubleshoot far more effectively with it available. :)

LordViettner

Please post a logfile from a live recording session at least 30 seconds in length while the issue is occurring, as it requests when opening a new thread in the Support forum. There is a pinned thread at the top of the forum with instructions on how to do so; we'll be able to troubleshoot far more effectively with it available. :)

Apologies, this is my first time here :) Anyway, here is the Log File: https://obsproject.com/logs/AfGjRcfpA2fceB8s

carlmmii

You're encountering a lot of rendering lag. Run obs as administrator -- this will put OBS on the GPU priority list to help prevent this.