Question / Help OBS recording using more and more VRAM each time then crashing with 'Failed to start recording' message.

SyedIns

Hi guys,

Bit of a strange problem. I record my content in many bits, so I record a bit, stop, then start and so on. After about 16 times of doing this, I get the 'Failed to start recording' error, with the message 'Starting the output failed. Please check the log for details'.

I then restart OBS and I can record another 16 or so sessions and it crashes again.

It's strange, every time I start recording the VRAM usage goes up, and stays up even when I stop. Then it goes up again when I start recording and continues to go up with every start/stop until I restart. I've attached a table of VRAM usage figures every time I start and stop until the crash and log is attached. I still have plenty of VRAM left when it crashes, around 2gb.

I use GPU encoding H264/AVC (AMD Advanced Media Framework) because x264 lags with my i7 4790. 3gb vram r9 280 AMD, 32gb system ram. I capture at 1600x900 a part of my screen at 60fps.

---

I've attached a chart of the VRAM usage every time I start and stop recording, only when I restart it goes back down to around 42mb. I've attached logs of this session.

Thank you!

---

obs-memory-png.53525

Attachments

• 2020-04-09 23-38-47.txt
    88.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 2020-04-09 23-42-14.txt
    86.8 KB · Views: 21
  • obs memory.png
    obs memory.png
    12 KB · Views: 444