OBS Record Sync & Jumping Issues

crzyg8r

Hey guys,
I've read up on this and know there are known issues in OBS with audio and video sync issues that can be resolved by using the Offset setting on the microphone input and using Monitoring Device option. But my problem is a bit different.

Using the Recording option in OBS, sometimes my recordings are synced (audio and video are timed properly) and then I'll do another recording right after it and it will be way off even though the settings and resources are the same as you can see in this video which is off from the beginning https://youtu.be/rSAeyATsIEc (note: I have played with the offset and at times it worked at 300ms, others at 500ms, and even at 800ms).

And sometimes the video recording starts off synched and then a bit into the recording I will see a jump in the video (screen refreshes/cuts out) and then the audio sync issue is way off. For example, in this video at 19 seconds, you will see the screen jump and then the timing issue happens.

There doesn't seem to be any consistency or logic to how or why this is happening.

My set up is the following:
Camera - Logitec Brio 4K camera
Mic - Blue Yeti X
VB Cable Audio - Monitor Device for the Blue Yeti X mic
Offset: currently at 800ms but as stated above I have tried it at several levels

Any advice or help provided will be much appreciated. TY

crzyg8r

Also it is on a Macbook Pro 2019
2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
running Big Sur 11.1

crzyg8r

I've now even changed out the camera to the AverMedia PW513 and it is still happening and I've also had a few events in Zoom where OBS has completely lagged or frozen to the point where I've had to abort using OBS and go to the standard screen share option in zoom (which works right away). So these issues seem tied to OBS, hopefully, someone can help me with this, otherwise, I might have to ditch OBS completely.

nottooloud

Is this a log where the delay changes? At what point does it happen?
I see recording starting and stopping repeatedly. Is that you?

crzyg8r

Is this a log where the delay changes? At what point does it happen?
I see recording starting and stopping repeatedly. Is that you?
Hey nottooloud, no the log file is of my computer set up (OS, RAM, programs, etc.) which is suggested when you create a ticket in this forum and the recording starting and stopping is not me, it is the problem I am reporting here, once it stops, the audio is way off sync with the video as in the 2nd example I provided, but sometimes it is off from the beginning as the first example shows. TY

karlous

I'm running a two computer set up, magic music visuals and OBS on a new MBP M1 CHIP, SERATO Pro & mixemergency on a 2018 MBP. I'm using NDI on BOTH COMPUTERS. I can't get the audio and video to sync. I have record it and it plays back perfect, but when I go live the audio jumps ahead of the video any suggestions? I think it's in the obs settings?