Question / Help OBS over WiFi?

Rayj

as i said - u have to add the stream of the iphone to your OBS as media-source

-> now u need to find a way to use your iphone to stream a RTSP/RTMP stream (doesnt matter if over the internet or your (local)network) (like https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/broadcast-me/id491982406?mt=8)

-> if most/all of your cams are not in your local network u can take an cheap vServer (have traffic in mind) instead of raspberry pi

-> and/or buy an IP-CAM (they allready stream and you can simply add it to OBS) (https://geizhals.eu/?cat=camsec&xf=...ist=&mail=&sort=p&bl1_id=30&togglecountry=set) starting at 30$

I appreciate your patience with me. I have created an RTMP server and configured it. I also added the media stream in OBS, but I am not seeing any video when I open the properties of "Media Source" in OBS? How do I verify on the OBS side that the stream is actually connected?

Rayj

Ok, I kinda accomplished what I wanted to. I have an old Windows 8.1 Nokia phone. I know...junk. I installed an app called Larix Broadcaster. It actually worked over WiFi to OBS as a Media Source. The lag was horrible but otherwise the video was crisp. I also configured my Android Tablet. It worked also. Again, laggy over WiFi. I streamed to Facebook Live.

Question: How to create a Media Source for both of these at the same time? There does not seem to be a way to tie the endpoints to separate Media sources? I want to show both sources at the same time.

ToDo: Repeat the scenario, only use my cell phone provider network instead of WiFi. That means I will have to access my local RTMP server from outside my LAN. Yikes....

Benman2785

you can access your local RTMP as a DMZ (not recommended but most easy to configure)

to have both cams in your stream simply add another media-source to your OBS -> you can move the source on your stream (as i did with my source in last 2 vids)

Rayj

you can access your local RTMP as a DMZ (not recommended but most easy to configure)

to have both cams in your stream simply add another media-source to your OBS -> you can move the source on your stream (as i did with my source in last 2 vids)

It will not let me add both sources. I have the Android Tablet showing as a Media Source. When I try to add the Win 8.1, I get "Unknown Connection Failure" on the phone.

Attachments

• OBS Media Source Ex.png
    OBS Media Source Ex.png
    190 KB · Views: 334

Benman2785

do you use a different streamkey for your phone

like rtmp://your-ip/live/phone and rtmp://your-ip/live/tablet

if not its your nginx rtmp server that crashes

Rayj

do you use a different streamkey for your phone

like rtmp://your-ip/live/phone and rtmp://your-ip/live/tablet

if not its your nginx rtmp server that crashes

Ah! That did it. Awesome. Thanks for all your help! Now I just have to remember everything I did to get this to work!

Benman2785

@Mr. T Flossin
u r welcome // ps another user said the he has some issues regard a delay getting bigger after time when using 2 ip-cams on one stream -> pls report if you also occure that problem