Question / Help OBS over WiFi?

Rayj

This could very well be a very stupid question, but how can a remote camera be used with OBS?
So on the attached graphic, I have a couple of WiFi devices, an Android and a Win 10. Is there a way to
connect to a broadcast remotely? So I want the Win 7 to be the main broadcaster, and the WiFi to be remote cameras.

Is this possible?

PS: Not sure the file uploaded? It's only 25k in size, but it didn't complete the upload after 5 minutes so i just created the thread.

Attachments

• Drawing1.gif
    Drawing1.gif
    24.4 KB · Views: 1,591
  • Drawing1.gif
    Drawing1.gif
    24.4 KB · Views: 1,471

Benman2785

well - can u watch these cams via VLC?

simply add the stream as media-source (usually something like rtmp://yo.u.r.ip:port/streamkey/webcam)
MediaSource.jpg

should work - dont forget to transform source to fit your needs ;)

Rayj

what is the ip of your IP-CAM?
and what format?

Llet me be more clear.

I have the OBS software on my Tower PC, located in my office. I have a laptop on my local network using WiFi. It has a webcam. I also have a webcam in my Android tablet which is on WiFi. I also have a iPhone. How do I get these to stream into the OBS broadcast?

Rayj

So please correct me if I am wrong. On my android I must stream over rtmp with the IP of the OBS PC and on the PC with OBS, I create a "Media Source" with the IP of the Android? On the Android, I am trying a couple of different rtmp streamers. This is not working.

Benman2785

so you want to use your laptop that has a webcam and your tablet and phone -> that is different from a WIFI-Cam/IP-CAM

an IP-CAM already streams into your network - you only have to direct that stream onto your OBS (thats what my video was all about) and stream that to your streaming service (like yt or twitch or own server)

if u want to stream your buildin webcam from your laptop into your stream of your desktop u need a server to stream that laptop-webcam to (like a raspberry pi with nginx with rtmp module) in the first place

1. set up nginx with rtmp on server (ps my E-350 (2x1.6GHz) + 4G DRR3 running Ubuntu is potent enough for that)
2. stream your laptop-webcam with OBS to your server (with nginx)
3. add that stream to your desktop OBS as media-source (as shown in video)

or

buy IP-Cams (starting at 50$) and do step #3

Rayj

so you want to use your laptop that has a webcam and your tablet and phone -> that is different from a WIFI-Cam/IP-CAM

an IP-CAM already streams into your network - you only have to direct that stream onto your OBS (thats what my video was all about) and stream that to your streaming service (like yt or twitch or own server)

if u want to stream your buildin webcam from your laptop into your stream of your desktop u need a server to stream that laptop-webcam to (like a raspberry pi with nginx with rtmp module) in the first place

1. set up nginx with rtmp on server (ps my E-350 (2x1.6GHz) + 4G DRR3 running Ubuntu is potent enough for that)
2. stream your laptop-webcam with OBS to your server (with nginx)
3. add that stream to your desktop OBS as media-source (as shown in video)

or

buy IP-Cams (starting at 50$) and do step #3

Still a little confused. If I start an OBS broadcast on Facebook Live and I want to include the camera from an iPhone that is on the other side of town, I don't understand how to do that?

Benman2785

as i said - u have to add the stream of the iphone to your OBS as media-source

-> now u need to find a way to use your iphone to stream a RTSP/RTMP stream (doesnt matter if over the internet or your (local)network) (like https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/broadcast-me/id491982406?mt=8)

-> if most/all of your cams are not in your local network u can take an cheap vServer (have traffic in mind) instead of raspberry pi

-> and/or buy an IP-CAM (they allready stream and you can simply add it to OBS) (https://geizhals.eu/?cat=camsec&xf=...ist=&mail=&sort=p&bl1_id=30&togglecountry=set) starting at 30$