Resource icon

OBS-OpenLP Lyrics Interface 1.4.4

amirchev

amirchev submitted a new resource:

OBS-OpenLP Lyrics Interface - Allows you display lyrics text from OpenLP into your OBS scene as a Browser source.

This is a custom stage for OpenLP. It can be connected to OBS as a custom browser dock and browser source, allowing you to display lyrics that appear on your slides in OBS.

Setup
Adding the Custom Stage View
  1. In OpenLP, make sure to enable the Remote plugin.
  2. Go to the OpenLP data folder through via the menu in the program: Tools -> Open Data Folder.
  3. Create a folder called stages.
  4. In...

Read more about this resource...

amirchev

Attachments

• final product.png
    final product.png
    829.4 KB · Views: 404

ifjtakzol

Hello! Thanks for this amazing feature! In my church, we use two different computers to manage OBS and OpenLP. So one person handles the cameras and OBS and another handles the lyrics in OpenLP. Is it possible to manage the whole process on a computer running OpenLP?

amirchev

Hello! Thanks for this amazing feature! In my church, we use two different computers to manage OBS and OpenLP. So one person handles the cameras and OBS and another handles the lyrics in OpenLP. Is it possible to manage the whole process on a computer running OpenLP?
Hello,

Technically you can, but it would not be ideal as both jobs require a lot of attention. Also, consider what would happen if say the livestream sound went bad. Would your operator be skilled enough to troubleshoot the livestream while still operating the projector? But there would be no difference in how you run either OBS or OpenLP, just make sure you change the IP address in OBS after you switch computers.

amirchev

amirchev updated OBS-OpenLP Lyrics Interface with a new update entry:

Version 1.1.0 - Many new features

We've finally transitioned to using this interface for subtitles at our church, so I had some time to work some much needed features into this next release.

Newest features include a new hide lyrics button, option to auto-hide lyrics when live view goes blank, and other customizations.

Please let me know if you have any bugs or new feature requests.

Read the rest of this update entry...

ifjtakzol

Hello,

Technically you can, but it would not be ideal as both jobs require a lot of attention. Also, consider what would happen if say the livestream sound went bad. Would your operator be skilled enough to troubleshoot the livestream while still operating the projector? But there would be no difference in how you run either OBS or OpenLP, just make sure you change the IP address in OBS after you switch computers.

I don't know English so well, so I may not have spelled it out exactly.
I agree that both programs require a lot of attention. The person running OpenLP doesn't have much to do, so he or she could pay more attention to steps through the text that goes into the stream. Do I see well that the control only works on the machine running OBS?
Is it possible to step in OpenLP and display the appropriate text in OBS?

Thanks for the new version! I really missed the automatic text hide.
But there is a bug in the new version. The undo and redo buttons don't work properly. The change (bold text) is visible in control.html, but it does not go back in OBS.

amirchev

I don't know English so well, so I may not have spelled it out exactly.
I agree that both programs require a lot of attention. The person running OpenLP doesn't have much to do, so he or she could pay more attention to steps through the text that goes into the stream. Do I see well that the control only works on the machine running OBS?
Is it possible to step in OpenLP and display the appropriate text in OBS?

Thanks for the new version! I really missed the automatic text hide.
But there is a bug in the new version. The undo and redo buttons don't work properly. The change (bold text) is visible in control.html, but it does not go back in OBS.
Oh I see. Unfortunately, at this point I don't think there is a way to have the steps controlled by OpenLP. What we are doing is just having OpenLP display only 4 lines onto the projector, that way we only display 4 lines onto the stream as well. So the OBS operator doesn't have to do anything at all regarding the lyrics

ifjtakzol

Dannowa

I would like to be able to position the display box in different places on the screen. For our virtual streaming service I have scripture displayed to the left while pastor is on the right. In-person service I push the display to the top of the screen so people in the back can see. I also use the OpenLP formatting for red letter text, but it didn't come through with this plugin. I couldn't get it to advance to the next verse from OBS, I might have missed something in the operations of the plugin.

RichieTee

I would like to be able to position the display box in different places on the screen. For our virtual streaming service I have scripture displayed to the left while pastor is on the right. In-person service I push the display to the top of the screen so people in the back can see. I also use the OpenLP formatting for red letter text, but it didn't come through with this plugin. I couldn't get it to advance to the next verse from OBS, I might have missed something in the operations of the plugin.

Display Scripture on Left: this is down to your setting in OBS, if you followed the guide here, it is used as a lower-third, if u want to display on the left, you can change the browser source settings to 1080(height), then set the width as you want.

Red Text: You can change the color and font in the css file "stage.css".

Advance to Next Verse: Did you check the " Auto-show on slide change " box? If you did it should change automatically when you advance OpenLP.

amirchev

@amirchev
Thanks for this tool, any plans to update it to make use of websockets over the current poll server.
In OpenLP 3.0 they will switch from poll server to websockets, i'm currently beta testing OpenLP 2.9.0 and the new stage views are being built using OBS Websocket

View attachment 68215
Hi RichieTee,

I will have to update it as my church is currently using this tool for services. I can't wait to see OpenLP 3.0. It's already pretty good, but definitely missing some core functionality imo. Thank you for the heads up, I will look at it and see what I can figure out.

God bless.

jgcastror

Hi RichieTee,

I will have to update it as my church is currently using this tool for services. I can't wait to see OpenLP 3.0. It's already pretty good, but definitely missing some core functionality imo. Thank you for the heads up, I will look at it and see what I can figure out.

God bless.
HI @amirchev
I am using this interface to show lyrics and scriptures during transmission however I would like to also show the bible verse numbers along with the bible version on the footer same as is shown when you project on the wall of church.
Do you plan to add that feature? I think it would be great.

amirchev

HI @amirchev
I am using this interface to show lyrics and scriptures during transmission however I would like to also show the bible verse numbers along with the bible version on the footer same as is shown when you project on the wall of church.
Do you plan to add that feature? I think it would be great.
Hi,
I've looked into how to add that feature, since I use it for Bible verses too, but I don't think the footer information is transmitted to the remote stages on OpenLP. I'll take a second look into it for you, though.

theHIR

Love this, finally got it working in Linux! yay!
I would like to offer some help, the first change I want to make is a detection to automatically change to the next slide when all lyrics have been displayed and a forward and back buttons to control lyrics.
Also I would also work on Bible view -
Most likely a section for each style.
Anyway drop me a reply if you want to colab on this.

theHIR

Hi,
I've looked into how to add that feature, since I use it for Bible verses too, but I don't think the footer information is transmitted to the remote stages on OpenLP. I'll take a second look into it for you, though.
Footer on information is available, check out my custom stage views,

jgcastror

Footer on information is available, check out my custom stage views,
I am using the stage Bible-CL right now to show the footer info but I lost the control panel, the dock in OBS to control the slides; the control panel allowed me to hide the text in the transmission when I show a slide in the temple so it would be great if @amirchev can add the footer option to his stage view. I am controlling that with hotkeys to show and hide sources but I liked to have the option in the panel as I sometimes make mistakes with so many different hotkeys I am using. Thanks.