obs-nvfbc

obs-nvfbc 0.0.7

Tuna

Tuna submitted a new resource:

obs-nvfbc - OBS Studio source plugin for NVIDIA FBC API for Linux

obs-nvfbc
OBS Studio source plugin using NVIDIA's FBC API for Linux.

Requirements
NVIDIA Linux drivers 410.66 or newer

IMPORTANT: This plugin will NOT work with your regular NVIDIA GeForce graphics cards! The following NVIDIA GPUs are supported. This won't change unless NVIDIA releases an updated driver which allows running on other GPUs as well (or so..).​

Code:
| Quadro Desktop | Quadro...

Read more about this resource...

Tuna

Code:
"There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact."
  - Sherlock Holmes

Code:
"The answer is out there, Neo, and it's looking for you, and it will find you if you want it to."
  - Trinity

kaloc

Has anyone tested this plugin to compare the performance between it and traditional capture sources ? If so, please share your results.

JPHiggs

Hi all! Apologies for being a newb here. How do I install this plugin? Looks like it's containerized with Dockerfile and I'm not familiar with it.

JPHiggs

I've can install Docker -but- hub.docker.com has no apps labeled "obs-nvfbc" show up under it's search to install.

Tuna

The build is containerized. It just produces a simple ".so" file which is the plugin. You can place it in any of the various plugin directories OBS looks at (they may be different depending on how you have installed OBS, so I don't list them here explicitly - but hope you can find the directory)

RezQ_

Hello,

I don't know if this is the right place to post this request, but I would like to ask if it's ever possible to create a windows compatible version of this plugin?

Tuna

The nvfbc API has been deprecated in Windows. One should use the desktop duplication API from windows instead. I dont even know what would need to be changed to support Windows, and i cannot test it. So no, from my side i have no plans to support Windows for this plugin. But anyone can take a look and patch it up.

Tuna

NVFBC is deprecated on Windows. There are other capture options which should perform as good (I believe). I have no plans and no OS/Hardware for it anyway.

terrorfrog

what would be nessesary to get it to run on windows ?
there are nvfbc possibilitys even on windows.
works great on linux, even with a 3090 thanks to github hackerido

nvidia declared it on windows deprecated with some strange argument.
however the windows API method is far far far from tghe same, in contrary.

on some game engines it basically vsyncs game with OBS, that means that you recieve massive spike in frametimes, depending how long OBS needs to FULLY process a frame (that includes sending or saving it). my bugreport about this was dismissed by some "competent" support staff as not enough recources error.

however several tests (hudnreds) have shows that the API and directx capture method behaves like this.
ironically, if you wanna single PC stream, it would be less laggy to run NDI screen reader, use NDI proxy (to decouple the sync) and use on the same machien OBS_NDI plugin to reencode and stream it than direct game capture.
its silly, its insane, its microsoft and nivida

so having this plugin on windows would be a huge win. on linux all the problems are basically gone.
however, widnows would still be big plus as software support on linux is kinda hit and miss

Last edited:

ewbte

Can anyone explain what properties mean? There is no info anywhere.
What is "Use Push Model" and "Use Direct Capture"? And what's the difference between having it checked or not.

xenogen

We might not be allowed to use NVFBC on windows, but there's nothing stopping anyone from creating a fake Shield device as an OBS plugin to do the "window capturing" part (like Moonlight) and NVENC to do the video encoding without actually using NVFBC. It would be GeForce drivers doing the NVFBC capture part.