Resource icon

obs-ndi - NewTek NDI™ integration into OBS Studio 4.13.0

Christian_C

lindenkron

We seem to be unable to pull 2x NDI from 2 seperate PCs into 1 OBS on a 3rd PC without it lagging for seemingly no reason.

Works if you only pull 1 Feed in and 1 Feed out.

rockbottom

Using NDI5 since Monday with no issues.

10:36:10.025: [obs-ndi] hello ! (version 4.9.0)
10:36:10.026: [obs-ndi] Trying 'C:\Program Files\NDI\NDI 5 Tools\Runtime'
10:36:10.026: [obs-ndi] Found NDI library at 'C:/Program Files/NDI/NDI 5 Tools/Runtime/Processing.NDI.Lib.x64.dll'
10:36:10.028: [obs-ndi] NDI runtime loaded successfully
10:36:10.151: [obs-ndi] NDI library initialized successfully (NDI SDK WIN64 09:52:53 Jul 16 2021 5.0.0.0)

SuperPenguinTV

Using NDI5 since Monday with no issues.

10:36:10.025: [obs-ndi] hello ! (version 4.9.0)
10:36:10.026: [obs-ndi] Trying 'C:\Program Files\NDI\NDI 5 Tools\Runtime'
10:36:10.026: [obs-ndi] Found NDI library at 'C:/Program Files/NDI/NDI 5 Tools/Runtime/Processing.NDI.Lib.x64.dll'
10:36:10.028: [obs-ndi] NDI runtime loaded successfully
10:36:10.151: [obs-ndi] NDI library initialized successfully (NDI SDK WIN64 09:52:53 Jul 16 2021 5.0.0.0)
Awesome thank you!

SifoDyas

OBS Forums
C
Ndi hx camera for android
Unwatch
C
Christian_C

Friday at 8:29 AM
Hello,

i want to add my huawei P20Pro phone to obs.
I have the ndi hx camera app for android installed.
I also installed the ndi-obs plug in from guithub. Windows installer version.

But in OBS I can't find NDI device in the source tab.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help

Christian
Hi, I'm using both a Huawei P30 and Mate 20 Pro with NDI HX without a problem. Maybe check in privacy settings if HDB is switched on and see if that helps?

SifoDyas

Hi, I'm using both a Huawei P30 and Mate 20 Pro with NDI HX without a problem. Maybe check in privacy settings if HDB is switched on and see if that helps?
Sorry, I just realised I said "Privacy" settings - it should be "Security" settings under the "More settings" tab...

ad1562

Hope this message finds everyone well! And I hope someone here can offer a solution to the following.

I've been using an OBS-to-NDI-to-Zoom chain to simultaneously record and stream my online Dance classes to my students via Zoom with great success, until about two weeks ago, when my students began to experience a 500ms audio-video desynchronization in the Zoom meeting. I can fix the desynchronization in OBS by adding a Render Delay filter to my camera source, however, the addition of this Render Delay causes the OBS recording to be desynchronized. So it seems that I can either choose between synchronized audio-video during the live Zoom meeting or synchronized audio-video in the OBS recording, but not both.

Just to clarify, this was all working fine about two weeks ago. I have since installed NDI Tools 5, but that had no noticeable effect. As a temporary workaround, I'm asking my students to use VLC and add a 500ms audio delay when watching the video, but this is hardly a good solution.

On a side note are there any video processing solutions that I can use to resynchronize the audio-video post recording?

My audio-video signal chain goes like this... I use the Main Output in NDI Output Settings provided by the obs-ndi plugin, I select that NDI output as the source in the NDI Webcam Input application and then select NewTek NDI Video and NewTek NDI Audio as the video and audio sources within Zoom.

Using Windows v10.0.19042 Build 19042 & OBS Studio v27.0.1 with obs-ndi plugin v4.9.0, NDI Tools v5 (Webcam Input application) and Zoom v5.7.4 (804). I have a 200Mbps upload speed, and I connect my streaming PC directly to my router using a CAT8 ethernet cable on a 5Gbps capable adapter.

Thanks in advance,
Alex

Videobuff

I’ve been playing around with a similar issue for the last few days, and I’m sure there’s an easier solution to the one I’ve deployed which is as follows….

I took the recorded video file (with out of sync audio), separated the audio and video and re-rendered them having synced the audio file to the video. As I said, I’m sure there’s an easier OBS solution if I only had the time to look, but this temporary fix was something I did quickly to get me out of a tight corner. Not sure ifs any help. I’ll keep watching for an improved solution from someone more expert than me on this one.

ad1562

Hope this message finds everyone well! And I hope someone here can offer a solution to the following.

I've been using an OBS-to-NDI-to-Zoom chain to simultaneously record and stream my online Dance classes to my students via Zoom with great success, until about two weeks ago, when my students began to experience a 500ms audio-video desynchronization in the Zoom meeting. I can fix the desynchronization in OBS by adding a Render Delay filter to my camera source, however, the addition of this Render Delay causes the OBS recording to be desynchronized. So it seems that I can either choose between synchronized audio-video during the live Zoom meeting or synchronized audio-video in the OBS recording, but not both.

Just to clarify, this was all working fine about two weeks ago. I have since installed NDI Tools 5, but that had no noticeable effect. As a temporary workaround, I'm asking my students to use VLC and add a 500ms audio delay when watching the video, but this is hardly a good solution.

On a side note are there any video processing solutions that I can use to resynchronize the audio-video post recording?

My audio-video signal chain goes like this... I use the Main Output in NDI Output Settings provided by the obs-ndi plugin, I select that NDI output as the source in the NDI Webcam Input application and then select NewTek NDI Video and NewTek NDI Audio as the video and audio sources within Zoom.

Using Windows v10.0.19042 Build 19042 & OBS Studio v27.0.1 with obs-ndi plugin v4.9.0, NDI Tools v5 (Webcam Input application) and Zoom v5.7.4 (804). I have a 200Mbps upload speed, and I connect my streaming PC directly to my router using a CAT8 ethernet cable on a 5Gbps capable adapter.

Thanks in advance,
Alex

I’ve been playing around with a similar issue for the last few days, and I’m sure there’s an easier solution to the one I’ve deployed which is as follows….

I took the recorded video file (with out of sync audio), separated the audio and video and re-rendered them having synced the audio file to the video. As I said, I’m sure there’s an easier OBS solution if I only had the time to look, but this temporary fix was something I did quickly to get me out of a tight corner. Not sure ifs any help. I’ll keep watching for an improved solution from someone more expert than me on this one.

Thanks for the reply, and here's an update that may help you as well... I discovered an open source application named Avidemux that works great for quickly syncing audio-video in an existing media file. This solution doesn't address the sync issue I describe in my OP, but is a decent work-around. From my preliminary tests, it syncs my 500ms audio delay issue in a 10GB video file in about 5-10 minutes, without any noticeable change in media quality.

Hope this helps :)

tmimlitch

I'm a newbie. Is there a way for this plugin to make IP addresses of NDI cameras available to a LUA script so I do not have to manually enter IP addresses for PTZ control of my NDi cameras. It seems they sometimes change IP addresses (DHCP) and then I have to go into the PTZ scripts and enter the new IPs.

JasonVP

Here's one regarding the NDI plugin that I haven't been able to figure out. This post might get a bit wordy, so settle in with a good drink.

The source machine is my Windows gaming rig, and on it I have one of the following configured:
  1. Newtek's NDI Screen Capture HX
  2. OBS running NDI, with Tools --> NDI output enabled
  3. OBS running NDI, with only the video source set as an NDI source via the filter/effects.
The receiving machine is my Mac Pro 7,1 running the latest OBS Studio with the aforementioned NDI plugin also installed. Either of the three show up just fine on the Mac, but the interesting thing is that they produce greater and greater load on the receiving system. I've ordered them in that list from "least load" to "most load". The worst of them is the NDI filter/effect source. And frankly, that's the one I really want to use, too. I only want to send a video stream via NDI, not the audio or anything else.

So what I'm left with wondering is: why is that? Is the plugin somehow sending so much data that the OBS process on my Mac is falling over? And the further I focus that plugin down (IOW: just sending video), the greater the load? That doesn't make much sense, but I suppose anything's possible.

Thoughts or ideas?

Talonis

I'm noticing with NDI 5 there is an audio sync drift over time on Wi-Fi.

Audio starts in sync and then gradually goes out of sync as the minutes go by.

Talonis

So, if this OBS NDI plugin is dead, what alternative solutions do people have?

Have folks tried routing NDI Monitor into OBS directly?

Talonis

In case this plugin is not updated for NDI 5 and fixing issues some people are having at the moment, I've managed to switch over my own multi-cam set-up to using NDI's own tools directly into OBS Studio, and just keeping this plugin active for "NDI Out".

OBS-NDI is/was a great plugin and thanks to Palakis for all the work done for it over the years but realistically no one can really do "free forever", especially for such a complicated plugin. I made sure I donated to the OBS project at least.