Resource icon

obs-ndi - NewTek NDI™ integration into OBS Studio 4.13.0

Palakis

Developer
Palakis updated obs-ndi - NewTek NDI™ integration into OBS Studio with a new update entry:

obs-ndi 4.7.1

Only use this release with OBS 22 or above!

Changes since 4.7.0
  • Windows installer: the NDI runtime installation is now a separate component that can be disabled if you don't want the runtime automatically installed
  • macOS: fixes for OBS Studio 24.0.3 and Catalina compatibility
Windows, Linux and macOS Install instructions: see the release page on GitHub.

Read the rest of this update entry...

vashzx1

Hey so using this plug-in on my streaming pc if i select the source as OBS Preview the picture looks great but there no sound coming through but if i change the source name to streampc then my picture looks distorted like the reds off to the right side a bit but i get sound. How can i leave this on preview and still get sound?

CXA007

So I'm having issues with my NDI plug in as well. everything was working fine up until last week.

I can confirm the NDI steam is getting to the streaming PC as NDI Studio Monitor shows the feed just fine. I just downloaded the 4.7.1 plug in still with no luck. I'm about to remove OBS and install an over version from my personal backup and see what happens.

Here is my last log file should anyone want to take a look..

https://obsproject.com/logs/rjgWQkf4GQ8q7a7u

I need the previous version of libNDI for mac. Running the latest one with OBS for mac is freezing all ndi sources after some minutes, and needs them to be reconnected again to work. I was stupid not take a backup, and when installing Palakis NDI plugin for OBS it auto-install the latest ndiLib from http://new.tk/NDIRedistV4Apple.
The last one working with obs was marked 2. November i think.
Someone able to help ? Where can I get the previous version ?

Petter

mimosa-pudica

I installed this plugin and it broke my Camera Live input to OBS - all I get is a black screen now.

I want to uninstall NDI. How to accomplish this on Mac? TIA :)

Draco

We need a way to "jog" or reset the NDI plugin. I've been using a NDI PTZ camera (BirdDog P200) and at some unknown times, the connection will be lost. I believe my POE injector stops passing traffic. Either way, when attempting to re-establish the feed after resetting the injector, it holds (frozen) on the last grabbed frame. There's basically nothing I can do until it randomly works... unless I restart OBS completely.

Additionally, when this is unable to grab the feed, the NDI Studio Monitor picks it up just fine. So I have no idea what's going on with the OBS plugin.

Tiffo

I Can feel some little sttutering... Don't know if its just psycological, but i have this feeling everytime i look to the preview on receiver OBS.
I'm an older NDI user and it was not like this before...

Narcogen

UPDATE: My error, the latest (4.7.1) works with 24.0.5 (at least on Mojave) I just hadn't installed it yet. My bad.

Presuming that the plugin will need an update to work with 24.0.5 on MacOS.

13:01:57.453: os_dlopen(/Library/Application Support/obs-studio/plugins/obs-ndi/bin/obs-ndi.so->/Library/Application Support/obs-studio/plugins/obs-ndi/bin/obs-ndi.so): dlopen(/Library/Application Support/obs-studio/plugins/obs-ndi/bin/obs-ndi.so, 257): Library not loaded: @rpath/QtWidgets
13:01:57.453: Referenced from: /Library/Application Support/obs-studio/plugins/obs-ndi/bin/obs-ndi.so
13:01:57.453: Reason: image not found
13:01:57.453:
13:01:57.453: Module '/Library/Application Support/obs-studio/plugins/obs-ndi/bin/obs-ndi.so' not loaded

Last edited:

rockbottom

I've been using the plugin for a few days & it does work very good but my old Win7 PC that I put back in service to run a second (720P) stream from has a Z68 mobo with a 100Mbps NIC. The raw video bit-rate swamped it so I switched over to a USB3.0 Wi-Fi adaptor, it's much better but once & a while it will glitch for a second or 2. No issues if I switch to the the Lowest Bandwidth setting on the NDI input but the bitrate/resolution is too low with that setting.

Can another bandwidth setting be added to the NDI input? Maybe a "Medium" setting that matches the NDI Studio Monitor Low Bandwidth setting? Or if that is not possible, can Window Capture be updated so it can capture the NDI Studio Monitor?

Last edited:

rockbottom

Not ideal but I figured out a workaround for the time being. I use MistServer for my streams, so I added a VLC source in OBS on the Z68 & I'm capturing the RTMP stream.

rtmp://localhost:1935/play/streamkey

redfrog

Hi
I really love this plugin.
It helped us a lot for our video production.
Is it possible to keep NDI output active on a scene when the scene is not the active one ?
This will make possible to get several outputs from OBS.
This could be an option of NDI output filter.
I do not know of it is possible to do regarding OBS constrains, but may be ... nothing happens if no try :)

Last edited:

redfrog

Hi,

I do not know if it is the right place for an issue.

Windows 10 up to date
OBS studio 24.0.3 W64
obs-ndi 4.7.1

First step : all NDI equipments are detected by OBS and working well on a lan/wlan network with Netgear gigaswitch and Netgear access point.

Second step : I try to create a dedicated video production network behind a Netgear Nighthawk AC1750 wifi router and move all video equipments including OBS to the new lan/wlan network.
The dedicated network is working perfectly : access to other equipments, to internet, ...
Result for OBS: all wifi NDI sources are no more detected by OBS.
All configuration double checked : nothing is looking wrong.

NDI Analysis tool, running on the same computer than OBS, detects perfectly all NDI sources.
NDI Studio monitor tool, running on the same computer than OBS, detects and displays perfectly all NDI sources.
vMix trial, running on the same computer than OBS, detects and displays perfectly all NDI sources.

Everything show that this is an obs-ndi issue.
May be it is only a tuning in ndi-obs parameters.
Did somebody met similar issue ?
How to fix it ?

Many thanks for your help

EDIT : issue fixed

The Netgear Nighthawk AC1750 provides several options to optimize the Wifi communications.
Disabling all these wifi optimization and qos features fixed the issue for OBS.
This does not explain why OBS was not working while other applications had no problem.

Hope that this can help people having similar issue.

Last edited:

iniqmyers

Hi
I really love this plugin.
It helped us a lot for our video production.
Is it possible to keep NDI output active on a scene when the scene is not the active one ?
This will make possible to get several outputs from OBS.
This could be an option of NDI output filter.
I do not know of it is possible to do regarding OBS constrains, but may be ... nothing happens if no try :)

This exists already, add a "Dedicated NDI Output" Filter to your scene and choose a name for the stream to broadcast as. Make sure if there's a media source or similar that it is configured to continue playing while the scene is inactive. You can also add the NDI Output filter to sources directly, but in my testing a media source got a bit stuttery when it was in the background (when the filter was placed on a scene there was none of that) but should work fine for still images. I just tested this on OSX to two Studio Monitor instances, don't have access to my windows machine atm but I'll test it there too when I get the chance.

redfrog

This exists already, add a "Dedicated NDI Output" Filter to your scene and choose a name for the stream to broadcast as. Make sure if there's a media source or similar that it is configured to continue playing while the scene is inactive. You can also add the NDI Output filter to sources directly, but in my testing a media source got a bit stuttery when it was in the background (when the filter was placed on a scene there was none of that) but should work fine for still images. I just tested this on OSX to two Studio Monitor instances, don't have access to my windows machine atm but I'll test it there too when I get the chance.

Many thanks, simple and efficient.
"Make sure if there's a media source or similar that it is configured to continue playing while the scene is inactive" this was the missing tip.
Adding any image in background solved the problem.

MoRe99

Hi! I have a problem using NDI source. Although I searched this forum for a while I couldn't find a solution.

I started building a scene with a video capture device to show my own webcam. Then I put it to the upper right corner of the scene, changed the size and clicked the lock symbol to fix it. I made a video call on Skype and added my friend as an NDI source, which I put to the lower left corner of the scene and changed the size (and also clicked the lock symbol), so that both webcam pictures had the same size.

After some minutes of streaming the size of the NDI source suddenly changed. For a few secnonds it was smaller than before, then it was at the original size . This happened a lot during the live streaming. Sometimes the NDI source was smaller than originally set, sometimes bigger, and this happened in no specific order and at irregular intervals. When he streamed and added me as NDI source there had been no such problems.

We have already compared our settings in OBS, but couldn't find any differences (apart from the fact that he uses a MAC and I use a windows pc). It's really frustrating and I have no idea what else I can do. Would be glad, if someone had an idea, which eliminates this problem.

If you need more information to help, please let me know. Thanx in advance!

Hello! I Did I miss a solution of this problem I reported 14 months ago? This problem still exists when I stream. If I missed the solution would s/o please tell me where I can find it? If not, is there any solution s/o can offer now?

John Navara

Recently started having issues with OBS Studio and NDI Tools and Scan Converter. I don't see the NDI source on OBS Studios anymore on my stream PC. It worked before and nothing has changed on my end. If I use StreamLabsOBS the NDI source works fine.

NDI Tools v4.1 on sim computer. OBS 24.0.3 and obs-ndi-4.7.1-Windows-Installer.exe being used on stream computer. All on the same network. I am able to open shared directories on the either computer so there is network connectivity.
Thanks,
John

I have OBS crashing randomly sometimes often. I posted my log and the community manager pointed me here that it may be with the NDI plugin. I do use NDI and have been for the last 12 months without issue running 3 NDI feeds to the stream but ever since reloading my stream box this issue has started to occur.

Attachments

• Crash 2020-01-18 23-13-29.txt
    24 KB · Views: 43

mrsbpier

Hello, I'm trying to install the plugin on my Mac with Catalina (10.15.2) but I have an error at the end of the installation (v. 4.7.1)
Schermata 2020-01-19 alle 23.00.05.png