Resource icon

obs-ndi - NewTek NDI™ integration into OBS Studio 4.13.0

ricco

the only way i can lay and stream is i go into the game capture and then i turn fps cap on the ssource, then i can play with out vsync on in game

regstuff

Would anyone know how many audio channels the NDI plugin supports. The NDI spec says NDI can support 16 audio channels, but I seem to be able to get only stereo sound. DOes the plugin only support stereo?

Hmm...might it be vsync that makes all the stuttering in some games then? Been pulling my hair for a week now with the division. I'd like to use vsync when i can and cap fps at 140 with rivatuner. Gaming PC that sends via NDI clearly makes a difference if you set 60 or 140 fps in the video section, even though everyone says it doesn't matter what you set, the same data "goes over" to the receiving pc anyway. Well i beg to differ there. I'll run a few tests without vsync first.

Narcogen

Would anyone know how many audio channels the NDI plugin supports. The NDI spec says NDI can support 16 audio channels, but I seem to be able to get only stereo sound. DOes the plugin only support stereo?
The NDI spec may support that but I think the plugin only does stereo. It might do the surround modes that OBS supports if they are enabled-- don't know, I never tried.

bpstream

Having an issue with external sound (not part of ndi source) becoming choppy when switching to a scene with an ndi source. Anyone else having this issue?

sempreformanda

Hello, I am running OBS 22.0.03 on a Mac running Mojave 10.14.1. I have installed NDI Plugin 4.5.3, and the Runtime installer. I have restarted the computer several times, tried other versions of the plugin. No matter what I've done I get the error: "NDI Runtime not found. Download the installer here: ..."

trustmeican

As of today, NDI wont even find the stream and i haven't changed a bit. Anyone else know whats going on?
same here. there must be an issue.
Does NDI work with OBS 22.0.2?

I got no problem here outputting OBS main output and received by NDI Studio Monitor...
Using OBS 23.0.0-rc2 (22.0.3 aas displayed in About menu) on Windows 10 Version 1809 Build 17763.346 with the following NDI applications: NDI 3.8 Analysis BETA, Runtime, SDK Tools, and obs-ndi version 4.5.3

Aarias

Hi! I have a problem using NDI source. Although I searched this forum for a while I couldn't find a solution.

I started building a scene with a video capture device to show my own webcam. Then I put it to the upper right corner of the scene, changed the size and clicked the lock symbol to fix it. I made a video call on Skype and added my friend as an NDI source, which I put to the lower left corner of the scene and changed the size (and also clicked the lock symbol), so that both webcam pictures had the same size.

After some minutes of streaming the size of the NDI source suddenly changed. For a few secnonds it was smaller than before, then it was at the original size . This happened a lot during the live streaming. Sometimes the NDI source was smaller than originally set, sometimes bigger, and this happened in no specific order and at irregular intervals. When he streamed and added me as NDI source there had been no such problems.

We have already compared our settings in OBS, but couldn't find any differences (apart from the fact that he uses a MAC and I use a windows pc). It's really frustrating and I have no idea what else I can do. Would be glad, if someone had an idea, which eliminates this problem.

If you need more information to help, please let me know. Thanx in advance!

I am running into the same issue as this user. Whenever I bring in a friend from Skype using NDI source, the cams often jump around. Some get smaller, some blow-up, just to go back to its original state. It happens a lot and I can't figure out what's causing this. I checked my settings and made sure all screens are locked but it's still happening. Does anyone have an idea what would be causing this?

marcoludo

Hi guys! I can't download NDI TOOLs or anything else... Id 'ont understand, but i can't use it... Anyone else got this problem?

Gingerlicious

I am running into the same issue as this user. Whenever I bring in a friend from Skype using NDI source, the cams often jump around. Some get smaller, some blow-up, just to go back to its original state. It happens a lot and I can't figure out what's causing this. I checked my settings and made sure all screens are locked but it's still happening. Does anyone have an idea what would be causing this?
I am getting the same issue as both these users. When I bring in NDI sources from Skype into my live stream their head boxes randomly shrink to a 1/4 of the size or grow larger than the whole screen then back to normal. Its very frustrating especially when you host a live stream talk show.

Palakis

Developer
Palakis updated obs-ndi - NewTek NDI™ integration into OBS Studio with a new update entry:

obs-ndi 4.6.0

Only use this release with OBS 22 or above!

Changes since 4.5.3
  • Fix for microstutter issues encountered by several users (courtesy of @loopy750)
  • Bugfix: the Dedicated Output filter used to output nothing if a Color Correction filter was placed on first position of a filter chain
  • Source: new "Latency" option.
    • Be careful: setting this to "Low" can cause microstutters. Use with caution!

Read the rest of this update entry...

regstuff

The NDI spec may support that but I think the plugin only does stereo. It might do the surround modes that OBS supports if they are enabled-- don't know, I never tried.
Well I finally got around to testing it. I've done a test with 4 channels of audio and it works quite well. I'll be trying 7.1 soon. Will update this post when I do.

Parendinate

Hello, It can be used on AmdFX6100 cpu? My Streaming pc has amd fx6100, and I can upgrade It to Amd FX8350. I'll stream 4500 bitrate 720p60fps.

xintrik

I'm suddenly having massive rendering lag (50+%) when NDI is outputting and a game is in the foreground. The funny thing is I can stream or record with 0 render lag at really good settings, it's only when NDI is enabled that it's having the issue.

Specs: i7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz
GTX 1080 @ 144hz
16GBs ram 1866mhz
Whole LAN is gigabit and I've checked NICs are at 1Gb as well.

I've capped game capture framerate as well to no avail. The only thing that helps is changing my game to 60hz so somehow NDI is getting choked out by my game whereas actually recording/streaming gets priority.

Thanks