Question / Help OBS NDI - Crashes Upon Selecting Source - Mac High Sierra

marcelosmack

Hi there,

i had the same Trouble with crashing OBS after selecting an NDI-Source.

My Solution:

Download the libNDI4 from here:

Go to Folder /usr/local/lib/

Delete
the file libndi.4.dylib in this Folder.

Copy the downloaded libndi.4.dylib from Download-Folder into /usr/local/lib/

After restartingOBS or/and the Mac, everything works like a charm.

Greetings,
Martin

System:
iMac late 2013, 16 GB
Mac OS 10.14.6
OBS 24.0.6 (64bit)
obs-ndi 4.7.1
This!!!!

you are the man!

thanks man, this was the only thing that worked for me!

Macbook Pro i7, Catalinaaaaa

OBS link crashing , not working and now it does.

Thank you!

Palakis

Developer
This crash happens because the obs-ndi installer automatically installs the NDI runtime by downloading it from NewTek's servers and running it silently. However I have no control on it when NewTek updates it, which is problematic in this situation.

The problem is, NewTek released NDI 4.5 recently, and their documentation explicitely states that macOS apps/plugins depending on NDI 4.0 must be recompiled to work with NDI 4.5.

You can grab the NDI 4.0 runtime from my personal archive: https://slepin.fr/obs-ndi/runtime/ndi-runtime-4.0.0-macOS.pkg

I'll work on making a release fix for obs-ndi on macOS this week and try to address this situation as soon as possible. Apologies for the inconvenience.

DJRayG

Hey guys,

i have ANOTHER Problem.

Martins sulution worked fine (OBS doesn't crash while i am in the NDI "select menu"
Because every time i clicked on NDI Source and i had to chose the source, it crahsed.

That doesn't happen anymore ! Thanks ...

BUT .. OBS is still crashing randomly ...

Anybody got the same problems ?

jmworks

Hi there,

My Solution:

Delete

Greetings,
Martin

System:
iMac late 2013, 16 GB
Mac OS 10.14.6
OBS 24.0.6 (64bit)
obs-ndi 4.7.1

Thank you so much, it works!

stephthumb

What worked for me is when pasting the replacement file in that MartinM attached, make sure to right click and "open" the file. Once selecting open I went ahead a relaunched OBS and it stopped crashing for me

Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 11.11.38 AM copy.jpg

trappster

Martin,
i have the same problem with OBS crashing when I try to select an NDI source..
Following your solution It still gives me an error... (rebooted my Mac... running 10.14.6)
View attachment 52707
Martin's solution worked fine for me (replacing the broken library in /usr/local/lib/ with the older 4.0 version), but I also had the same issue as you did with Catatina 10.15.4 not wanting to open the replacement runtime library.

Solution: You need to Quit OBS and go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy and then allow the library to be opened even though Catalina protests that it cannot check it for malware. Then OBS should not crash when editing the device settings. Hope this helps. Aloha.

PS. You may want to restart your Mac for good measure, as I did, after swapping out library version 4.5 with library v 4.0. And make sure you only have *one* libndi file in there.

1Mika

Hi! I have the similar problem, and I was read MartinM's steps, but it not working. I was do anything, any methods, but not working. Or the OBS Link not see the libNDI or the OBS not working, or any others.
So, can somebdy write here STEP BY STEP, what should we do? Not only like others, only all 10th steps...

So, how can I "replace" the 2 items? I wa do this:
- I was download and run the libndi.4.daylib file and delete the libini3.dylib file in the same folder. But after this OBS Link want to install the libndi file and not working (and was give a link, from whre I can't download the file).
- After this I was rename the 4 version to 3 version, but than OBS not working.
- All of this I was restart my Mac (Mojave), but nothing happened, the OBS cracks again.
So how can I replace the old version with newer?
Thank You very much!

Attachments

• Képernyőfotó 2020-04-09 - 22.26.44.png
    Képernyőfotó 2020-04-09 - 22.26.44.png
    83.3 KB · Views: 93
  • Képernyőfotó 2020-04-09 - 22.29.44.png
    Képernyőfotó 2020-04-09 - 22.29.44.png
    220.3 KB · Views: 94
  • Képernyőfotó 2020-04-09 - 22.44.31.png
    Képernyőfotó 2020-04-09 - 22.44.31.png
    55.6 KB · Views: 83
  • Képernyőfotó 2020-04-09 - 22.27.47.png
    Képernyőfotó 2020-04-09 - 22.27.47.png
    372.7 KB · Views: 83

Johne

Thanks for this!
The problem has gone away.
If you are having difficulty finding the /usr/local/lib/ folder you can show hidden folders by openning a finder window and then
use the following three keys together "ctrl-shift-." to show or hide the folders. The last character is a "."

Regards,
John
Hi there,

My Solution:

Delete

Greetings,
Martin

System:
iMac late 2013, 16 GB
Mac OS 10.14.6
OBS 24.0.6 (64bit)
obs-ndi 4.7.1

Eyemdpr

This crash happens because the obs-ndi installer automatically installs the NDI runtime by downloading it from NewTek's servers and running it silently. However I have no control on it when NewTek updates it, which is problematic in this situation.

The problem is, NewTek released NDI 4.5 recently, and their documentation explicitely states that macOS apps/plugins depending on NDI 4.0 must be recompiled to work with NDI 4.5.

You can grab the NDI 4.0 runtime from my personal archive: https://slepin.fr/obs-ndi/runtime/ndi-runtime-4.0.0-macOS.pkg

I'll work on making a release fix for obs-ndi on macOS this week and try to address this situation as soon as possible. Apologies for the inconvenience.
Hi!

I

I have installed the most recent versions of Skype and NDI. My OS is High Sierra, without upgrade capabilities. When I choose NDI source and copy the link of my Skype window, it shows a red dot on the left upper corner, when I click it, dissapears.

I have installed NDI 4.0 from your link, but the problem persists. Any other suggestions?

Thnx!

Camera1

Hi. I'm not sure, but it seems, you don't have installed all packages, that are needed.
I had installed the libNDI_for_Mac.pkg from here:

All My Steps:

Update OBS to 24.0.6
Download the obs-ndi-4.7.1-macOS.pkg and installed this.
Then i had downloaded the NDI-Runtime, mentioned in the Text on Palakis GitHub-Site:

After that I've downloaded the libNDI-Replacement from

I replaced the libndi.4.dylib in /usr/local/lib/ with the last download.

After these Steps, no crash, no error.

Hope, this helps.

I am not understanding this at all, and really don't know what to do to fix the OBS NDI camera crash.
Does anyone have a step by step walk through from loading the apps to a functioning system,.
I am simply trying to wirelessly see my iPhone in OBS. MAC 2012 running Mojave 10.14.6
OBS 24.0.6 NDICAM.

1Mika

After refreshing OBS to newest version (Version: 25.0.6 Released: April 14th) the problem solved: OBS no crashing after add NDI source.

AikoNesh

Hi. I'm not sure, but it seems, you don't have installed all packages, that are needed.
I had installed the libNDI_for_Mac.pkg from here:

All My Steps:

Update OBS to 24.0.6
Download the obs-ndi-4.7.1-macOS.pkg and installed this.
Then i had downloaded the NDI-Runtime, mentioned in the Text on Palakis GitHub-Site:

After that I've downloaded the libNDI-Replacement from

I replaced the libndi.4.dylib in /usr/local/lib/ with the last download.

After these Steps, no crash, no error.

Hope, this helps.

for me it worked fine!
Macbook Pro Mid 2012 i5 / 16 GB Ram on OSX Mojave 10.14.6
thx for the help MartinM!!! really appreciated!
Here is what I did:
- I installed the newest OBS Studio for Mac (Version 25.0.7)
- I already had OBS Link installed from before (back then the whole Setup didn't work for me) - I think I got it from here: https://help.elgato.com/hc/de/articles/360031363132-OBS-Link-Setup
- I installed OBS NDI 4.8.0 from here: https://github.com/Palakis/obs-ndi/releases
- and the NDI 4.5.1 runtime for OSX as described in the Link above - here is the direkt Download-Link: https://ndi.palakis.fr/runtime/ndi-runtime-4.5.1-macOS.pkg

got all the infos from MartinM's different posts and I didn't even had to exchange the .dylib.
thanks again! great work