OBS Metrics are perfect, but stream is choppy

MourningRaptor

I am trying to stream from my Xbox to Twitch via a capture card. The frame rate of my livestream is low, and the gameplay looks choppy, especially when I play fast-paced games like Overwatch. However, all of the OBS metrics look good. I have tried to make a comprehensive list of everything that I have checked and/or tried:

• https://obsproject.com/logs/wmNcESjFjS8x4qIU - log file from a recent attempt
  • Running OBS in admin mode
  • I have 10-20% CPU usage, 40% memory usage, 40% GPU usage
  • OBS never says the framerate has actually dropped. It says 30/30 or 60/60, but the stream looks choppy, almost slow motion
  • 0 dropped frames
  • Upload speed: 517 mb/s Download speed: 593 mb/s. This is according to Google test when you search “test internet speed”
  • No urgent warnings in OBS analyze. Occasionally a yellow one appears. It has to do with the webcam sample rate not matching other audio. I don’t think this should be an issue because the webcam doesn’t pick up audio.
  • PC is connected to ethernet
  • I have tried streaming 60fps/1080, 30fps/720 with bitrates of 6000-3000. Various combinations. I even tried 120 FPS based on another thread.
  • Using NVENC H.264 (as opposed to x264)
  • I have tried using all the settings suggested by auto config wizard
  • I even tried using Streamlabs and importing my OBS settings there. Looks basically the same

My Specs - I have a prebuilt PowerSpec G235
  • Intel Core i5 12400F (2.5GHz)
  • 16GB DDR4-2666 RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Graphics Card
  • 1TB SSD
  • Gigabit LAN, WiFi 5 (802.11ac), Bluetooth 5.0
  • From what I understand, this PC should be overkill for “just” streaming. I went a little over the top because I wanted to avoid this exact situation…
Everything seems to be configured properly. I have done a lot of research, but I am running out of ideas.

Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to be as thorough as possible. This is not my first attempt at streaming, and I’m beginning to think it might just not work out for me :(

- TLDR: I attempt to stream to Twitch from my Xbox through a capture card. All OBS metrics look good, yet the stream still looks very choppy