OBS menu's broken when on secondary monitors

Roy Takashi

Hello, I've discovered a new bug since last updates where if OBS is not on the "primary" monitor that the right click menu's do not spawn, and the tool drop down menu's at the top require multiple clicks to appear correctly. this prevents the use of any of the right click menu's functions such as adding or editing sources, and you also cannot click on the ... buttons of your audio mixer dock to open it's menu either under the same conditions. https://obsproject.com/logs/m2u1qsR9wZj9EIzo

Roy Takashi

this is still a problem for me. I've checked all drivers, I've reinstalled, I've tried installing an older version from before the issue, I've swapped around what my main monitor is. this Problem continues despite all these changes.

The Button King

Ah! I have the same problem and it was driving me crazy! Have you found a solution for this at all? It's causing me some trouble as I need to have OBS on my second monitor so I can stream on my primary but it's so difficult to use as it is.

My log file if it helps anyone, I'm on an ASUS TUF f15 gaming laptop with an RTX 3070. https://obsproject.com/logs/eX1WqD7ps1Hd2sVd

PaiSand

The OP issue may be related to streamelements plugin. The way to fix it is uninstall this plugin using the provided uninstaller by SE, then go to %appdata%\obs-studio\ and manually delete all the leftover files in there that keeps interacting with OBS for no real reason. Now you need to uninstall and reinstall OBS to fix any other change this plugin may have perform on OBS itself.

I do use OBS on a second monitor and it always work as intended.
The other one may be related to the intrusive antivirus. A posible fix is perform the same first step to fix the issue with streamelements plugin.

The Button King

I have removed any leftover files from the plugins, and I turned off my antivirus to check and the problem persisted. From a post on the bug report, I changed the scaling of my main monitor and it seems that 175% (my preferred scale) and 225% on my primary monitor and 100% on my secondary monitor caused the bug to happen. Setting any other scale on my primary monitor fixes the issue, but I'm hoping the bug itself can be fixed.