OBS makes my GAMES have high CPU

ReduxyonVT

As the the thread name suggests, I'm not having a problem with OBS's CPU usage. Rather, when OBS is open and any game is being displayed, the game itself shoots up an extra 20-60% depending on what's occurring in game. I factory reset my pc a week and a half ago to fix this and for a brief time it worked but the issue has returned. No programs have been installed other than OBS, and only games from steam, Epic Games Store, Battle.net, Riot, and Hoyoverse have been downloaded. For reference, I can be in OW2's practice range and only use 10-20% of my cpu. When I start to capture it with OBS that number doubles or sometimes triples.

As mentioned, it's only when I have OBS up, and it's only with games.

Specs are:
Processor 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700, 2100 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 20 Logical Processor(s)
GFX Card NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
Motherboard PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4(MS-7D25)
RAM 32.0 GB
Available Virtual Memory 20.0 GB
Available Physical Memory 18.8 GB

All new parts built last summer.

AaronD

Sure but I don't know exactly what I'm looking for within it, really. https://obsproject.com/logs/Uh2oad00VGi2IDI4
Lots of browser errors, which makes it hard to find anything else once they start. The Analyzer can be useful too:
And for your specific log:
See what you can do about the Critical and Warning items. Get rid of those, don't worry about the Info yet, and see if you're fixed.

Also, as an audio guy, I found a possible improvement there too:
05:27:31.892: [Loaded global audio device]: 'Mic/Aux'
05:27:31.892: - filter: 'Noise Gate' (noise_gate_filter)
05:27:31.892: - filter: 'Noise Suppression' (noise_suppress_filter_v2)
05:27:31.892: - filter: 'Compressor' (compressor_filter)
The Noise Suppression works best as the first thing in the chain, so that its sense of noise never goes away or changes. If you Gate or Compress before the Noise Suppressor, then it's trying to chase what it thinks is changing noise (because it *is* at that point), and in the processing of chasing that change, it lets more noise through than it would if it were first, and the noise constant.